“Awards ceremony breakfast went without a hitch!”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Basildon
Ranked #15 of 137 Restaurants in Basildon
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awards ceremony breakfast went without a hitch!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

On Sunday 29th June children and staff from the Pauline Quirke Academy, Wickford had a screening of our films at the nearby Empire Cinema followed by an awards ceremony breakfast at Frankie & Benny's. There were over 50 of us in the mezzanine area with students ageing from 18 down to just 4 years of age. The staff serving us- Anthony and Paul- made us very welcome and were so patient and attentive to the children and really made them feel special. Some of the children got confused with what they ordered and couldn't remember but nothing was a problem for the staff. Thank you so much, we will definitely do this again XX

1 Thank terill2011

Basildon, United Kingdom
“poor service very disappointing”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

we went to F&B's for the first time today and I can say we are definitely not going to be returning, when we got arrived there was not a table ready so we had to wait 10mins which wasn't a problem but when we got our table the man that seated us did not give us a childrens menu for my son and he never got an activity pack either. We waited about 20minutes for them to just take our order and then we waited about 40minutes for our food to come, there were people that came in after us and left before us. My husband had the lasagne as the chefs were Italian he thought he would get a proper one but it just tasted of tomato, my sons dinner was off of the kids menu and it was bigger than mine, the waiter was just slow. When we went to pay I was paying by card and it says before you enter your pin how much gratuity do you want to pay? as we had such poor service I didn't think they deserved one so I pressed enter to go on but you could not carry on with out putting in an amount which I think is very wrong it should be down to the customer whether they want to give a tip or not.

Basildon, United Kingdom
“Great meal! Lovely staff!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My friend and i visited with my young toddler for lunch yesterday and it was simply great. Never had to wait long for drinks or food which was hot as expected. Garlicbread with cheese is a must. And cinnamon waffle! The staff were lovely and had us laughing and couldnt do more for us if they tried! my son was very pleased with his balloons that the manager andy supplied him with too. Definately would recommend!

“Great evening out!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Despite living in Basildon for 11 years, had never tried this restaurant at Bas Vegas as had a disappointing visit to F&B in Beckton. We booked a table for 8pm tonight ( Friday)and the place was rammed. Our table was not ready so we grabbed a drink at the bar but waited no longer than 5 mins. Our waiter was called Paul and was very polite and friendly. Our starter did take a while to come out but was worth the wait and our mains arrived shortly after we'd finished our starters. Food and drinks were very nice, good size portions and reasonably priced too. Great decor and atmosphere will definitely return.

Visited June 2014
London
“Disappointing food. Staff friendly”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Visited for lunch and they accommodated us with a baby and pushchair at the back of the restaurant.
Restaurant was pretty stuffy and hot. Fans on the ceiling were not switched on.
Ordered from the lunch menu. Meatball starter was okay. Calzone pizza was pretty greasy and salty. Burger was dry and tasteless; left it and just ate the chips.
Only 2 options for dessert (waffles or brownies) and we were told that they were changing their menu and didn't have many items left -they told us this when we ordered dessert and not from the beginning.
I suppose you get what you pay for, but next time I'll spend my money at Gourmet burger.
On the plus side the staff were friendly and professional.

Visited June 2014

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Basildon also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Basildon? Share your experiences!