Fairlawns Guest House
US$96
US$83
US$117
TripAdvisor
Best Western Banbury House Hotel(Banbury)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$108
Red Lion Hotel(Adderbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspotless roomsgarden roommotel style roomsquality sausagessuper placeoxford roadsingle bedsuper breakfastbacon sandwichcomfy bedplenty of parkingen suite facilitieslovely friendly staffexcellent place to stayhot breakfastshort walk into townfull english breakfast
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for a sad reason which was a family funeral but we really found this guesthouse to be lovely. We had an annexe rom with a double and single bed which was great for us and our 6 year old. Room was decent size with shower and loo, coffee making facilities and TV.
Breakfast was very good - full English and fruit yoghurt etc. Price at £65 for the 3 of us was great value and I would recommend and stay here again. Friendly staff.
10 minute walk down hill into centre where there are shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TimmyTam
Fairlawnsgh, Manager at Fairlawns Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully next time you are in Banbury the circumstances will be better.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've been staying at Fairlawns on and off for over a year while I work in Banbury. Fairlawns is a great place to stay. The staff are always friendly and helpful and are happy to help if I need to find somewhere to eat or directions. Free wifi is a must for me as I need to keep up to date with emails etc. I don't always have breakfast but when I do there is a good choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt & hot food.

I have stayed in many different rooms and they are all well maintained, clean and well equipped with tea/coffee, towels (big ones), soap.

Location is good. It takes me 8 minutes to walk to Banbury Cross which is where most of the restaurants are and about 15 minutes to get to the shopping centre too.

I'll be staying here more in the future and am bringing my wife too for a xmas party we've been invited to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mhillier112

Many thanks. We always look forward to welcoming you here at Fairlawns.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I can not comment on the quality of this establishment as we didn't get to stay there. However, I can comment on their customer service. I phoned (from a pay phone) and discovered they had a room available, made (I thought) the booking, gave them my credit card number and was then told that as I didn't have a mobile phone they wouldn't take my booking. When I suggested that they already had my credit card number that should guarantee payment of the room, I was told that it didn't matter, that they still wouldn't take my booking.
I must say that every other place we stayed in England asked for a mobile number, but in every other case, when told we were not travelling with a mobile, all other places said, "Fine, we'll see you when you get here."
This may be a fine place to stay, but they need to work on customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wintertime23
Fairlawnsgh, Manager at Fairlawns Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

I am being forced to reply to this review as trip advisor won't remove it. We have no recollection of this conversation but I will explain our policy on credit cards which is standard. We take a credit card number to guarantee bookings against no shows or late cancellations and all we need is an address including postcode for this. We are happy to let rooms without a phone number but would ask for an email address if you cannot provide one. If we have rooms available we will always do our best to let them.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had to stay in Banbury for 4 nights for Leisure/business purpose. My flight to UK got huge delay and I could arrive at 3am only at the place. Previously I informed the owners and they got me a chalet room in the rear of the hotel, it was really nice from them.
I could park the car just in front of the bedroom door.
The bedroom had a good space, with a wardrobe, a small desk and a 32" TV. The bathroom was ok as well but the shower had this weird electric heating system I was not familiar with, but we sorted it out eventually.
Breakfast was great, owners and staff very friendly and welcoming you with a smile, everything great to start a good day.

Only minus is regarding the spring mattress, I suspect they have had a long life already, I could feel the springs in my back. They should change those.
However this would not refrain me from coming back to this place if I had to stay in Banbury again in future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. As long as we know in advance we can always accommodate a late check in by arranging a key pick up point. I slept in the room you were in after your visit and ordered a new mattress straight away (and also a few others) so your next visit should be perfect.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We've stayed here a couple of times because we have family in the area. Once again, great service, friendly staff and great breakfast, wish we had had a reason to have stayed longer!
Room lovely, we had one off the chalet style rooms and could park right outside and there's plenty of parking. In a convenient setting on the main Oxford Road, so a nice stroll into the town, but laid back far enough from the road so it isn't hectic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family