“Just an overnight stay!”
Review of Uplands House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banbury
Uplands House
Ranked #2 of 36 Banbury B&B and Inns
Lindau, Germany
“Just an overnight stay!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was supposed to be just an overnight stay, en route to the Channel Tunnel but what a surprise! Our holiday started as soon as we arrived at this beautiful country house, welcomed by Poppy. Afternoon tea in the garden, home baking & other guests to chat to. A wonderful meal served in the dining room with an evening of fascinating conversation from some very European guests! We had a wonderfully comfortable nights sleep, it was so quiet too! Our room had every little extra to make our stay more comfortable. After a full English breakfast, with homemade preserves and toast, we headed on our way. What a find! ... and Poppy, our resplendent hostess feels like a new found friend!
We will be staying there on our way back home!

MovingTraveller, Owner at Uplands House, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I was thrilled to see you enjoyed what we try to achieve here for our guests. Each dinner party is special, and the one you were here for was one of the best. We had so many talented people around the table, which made for stimulating conversation, and this was continued by the fire later. For me it was a pleasure to see everyone having such a good time and making new friends.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment you step onto the porch of Uplands House, one begins to experience the true essence of the English countryside with the peace and tranquility that it offers. Lady Poppy welcomes the traveler with her sincere graciousness and an invitation to tea, which is served in the true English tradition. But first, a tour of the lovely garden scented with blooming wisteria and lilacs, and then deciding which of the beautifully appointed rooms to call our own for a few days. Each room is tastefully decorated, exactly as seen on the website with attention to even the smallest detail.
"Dinner at eight" is a wonderful experience with candlelight, a menu to please the discerning palate, and the most delightful conversation often led by Poppy and Graham. The evening ends with us gathered in the parlor enjoying more conversation and the fire in the fireplace to chase away the slight chill of the evening.
The charming hospitality of Poppy and Graham make Uplands House a "must-stay" while in the Cotswolds. They are truly passionate about making a visit to their part of the world, and home, stress free and memorable. We were saddened as our stay came to an end, but find ourselves eagerly anticipating a return to this little slice of heaven tucked away in the United Kingdom.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upland House is a charming home with lovely gardens and a pastoral setting. I was traveling with a few friends and stayed four nights. By the end of our stay we felt like part of the family. Poppy greeted us upon our arrival each evening after a long day of sight-seeing. She and Graham helped us fine time our travel plans and were full of great suggestions to enrich our excursions. The English breakfast each morning and the multi-course evening meals were scrumptious and the conversations were always lively and entertaining. Our group stayed in the Four Poster Room and the Tulip Room. The rooms were clean, beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated. Of my 12 day trip to London and the Cotswolds I must say my stay at Uplands House was the highlight of the trip. Poppy and Graham are truly delightful hosts.

Room Tip: My group stayed in the Four Poster Room and the Tulip Room and I would recommend either of these.
London
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were looking for a luxurious B&B close to the Cotswolds and Uplands House was perfect. The Chinese room was so comfortable and had a wonderful view of the beautiful gardens and fields which made for a very relaxing stay and a great place to unwind. The little extras make this an extra special place, a decanter of port for an evening tipple and face wipes in the bathroom - perfect for a girl who has left hers at home! Poppy is the perfect hostess, full of interesting conversation from fencing to fundraising. After tea and cake in the day room she invited me and another guest for a jam making session which was good fun. We duly ate the strawberry jam at breakfast next day and it was delicious. Uplands House is perfectly positioned to explore the delights of the Cotswolds - it's certainly a place we would recommend if you want to escape from daily life for the weekend and somewhere we hope to return one day.

Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We recently stayed three comfortable nights in this pleasant house with its well-stocked garden and quiet rural outlook. Poppy is an attentive hostess - we enjoyed her interesting dinners and good breakfasts.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having put together a tour of the gardens of the Cotswolds for a small group of Texas Master Gardeners, I was thrilled Poppy was able to accomidate our group. This was my second stay and I just knew our group would be charmed by Poppy and Graham and every detail of their lovely home, delicious dining, wine and enchanting conversations....not to mention their own beautiful gardens. Graham and Poppy fortified us each morning with huge breakfasts and we ate in each night. Dining in is a special treat and something I highly recommend, not to mention the exquisite wine on offer. Everyone was charmed (who wouldn't). It was a festive and heartwarming four days of being well taken care of by two people whom you want to visit again and again.

Room Tip: The "Four Poster" has a wonderful view. The bathroom is huge and it also has a view of the...
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent two nights of Easter holidays at Uplands House. I was travelling alone, and did not hire a car. I just wanted to be stuck somewhere I could isolate myself and get some peace. The Uplands House was a perfect place for me. Upon arriving at the Uplands House, I was welcomed with bigger room than I had booked (grateful treat for Easter!). Poppy was very caring, offering me rides to nearby attractions so that I can appreciate the best of the area. She showed me around Wroxton, otherwise I would not dare to visit without car. I had most wonderful time at nearby Upton House, and Ratley (including its glowing rape seed field!).

The Uplands House was being carefully managed. I don't know how she and Graham do it without help from others. The room was clean, bathroom was warm and spacious, and the garden was just gorgeous. I spent most of my afternoon sitting at the swing with robins. I joined dinners, admiring the cook the whole time. It was delicious, healthy, and rich. Conversation with other guests was one of the most joyful parts. I felt perfectly safe, relaxed, and welcomed there. Definitely one of the places that I want to come back when chances come.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Heejung Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbury
Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,821 reviews
Hanwell House
Hanwell House
#1 of 36 in Banbury

Been to Uplands House? Share your experiences!