“Moon and sixpence Hanwell”
Review of Moon & Sixpence

Moon & Sixpence
Ranked #17 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the outskirts of Banbury in the beautiful North Oxfordshire village of Hanwell, The Moon & Sixpence is a very popular destination.Run by chef Hylton Bradley, the pub's highly trained brigade of cooks and equally trained waiting staff work together to give customers a meal experience second to none.
London, United Kingdom
“Moon and sixpence Hanwell”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I agree with TRAD2638 completely Our experence was exactly the same down to having to remove the scrunched up napkins. Also no champagne or prosecco despite it being written on the walls of the bar and a price per glass given. Also no olives! What restaurant has no olives! BUT food fantastic service excellent ambiance good. they could do with fewer tables and more bar area. If all their tables were full there was no way the relaxing area would be big enough,. Also be warned. Although apparently a pub with food, we had lunch and at 3pm we were asked to leave. Most disconcerting.. I hope they read these reviews because the food was so good that they are letting themselves down with details which are so easy to correct. I would go again regardless.

2 Thank Carolem53

Stratford Upon Avon
“Food great -let down by attention to detail front of house”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The food was exceptional - really beautifully presented, however the quality of this was not reflected in the rest of the experience. My pale blue chair had a large dark red/brown stain on the seat which was very off putting to start with. Our small table was left with all the wine glasses and sets of cutlery on throughout the meal even though we were not using it all, leaving it very cluttered. We removed the scrunched paper napkins from the glasses or we wouldn't have been able to see each other! It was a shame because the attention to detail is what makes for a sense of occasion. We had to remind them we had ordered a bottle of wine. I would go again as the food was brilliant but it could be made into such a top class experience by a little extra training for the waiters and attention to detail.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TRAD2638
Brackley, United Kingdom
“outstanding”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I would just to say one of the best meals my wife and I have had for some time.
We will booking for a another visit shortly. The staff were very efficient and polite and the food was first class all the way.
It rounded off my sixth birthday a treat. Well done the Moon & Sixpence

Brentwood Essex UK
“Another great meal”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We always go to this restaurant when visiting friends in this area. Again another fabulous meal.

We were very happy with the service and yes the staff are young, as pointed out by another review, but they are extremely efficient and helpful. You are not paying silver service prices, so we were very happy with it.

We live nearer London and a meal of that quality there, would cost us a lot more.

The wine choice is excellent, so thank you to Hylton and team for another great evening

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Food5/Service3”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was our second visit (Valentine's Day). We love the restaurant and Hylton Bradley is an amazing Chef. Not expensive. However, I think their service leaves a little to be desired. The place is filled with teenage servers that don't know much about fine dining food service. I do not consider myself a picky person, but leaving the wall of tall wine glasses between my wife and I (we don't drink wine), awkward plate placement and asking us to reach into the basket to grab rolls diminishes the experience. If they tightened up on food service a bit, this place would be the best!!!

• Visited February 2014