“Bristol Owners Club Spring tour”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Banbury Wroxton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Bristol Owners Club Spring tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I had planned this tour last year - Wroxton Hall contacted me and I called in to view the facilities. Margaret was very friendly, helpful and suggested ways in which we could enhance our stay.

We have just come back from the trip over last weekend (13th -15th May) and everything was great! We had 16 people stay and 18 for a black tie meal on the Saturday. We were given a private dining room for the balck tie meal at no extra cost. The food was great, the staff very helpful and friendly and the charges were very reasonable. All in all I could not have wished for it to go better. I would heartily reccommend Wroxton Hall Hotel.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

We arrived on 11th May with our elderly friend for her Birthday Treat. We were greeted warmly and once we had checked out our lovely clean comfortable rooms we were served a delicious Afternoon Tea. The Sandwiches were so delicious with original fillings, freshly made scones Clotted cream and home made rasperry jam.
We stayed for 3 nights and had a wonderful gastronomique experience, The Restaurant has an amazing team of Chefs headed by Stephen and Kevin who are passionate about their food. Our friend had her 87th Birthday on 12th May and they made her a really good Chocolate cake, she was thrilled. We were delighted by the standard in every department, from the Reception with Margaret one of the Chef's Wife's to Lesley the Amazing HouseKeeper with her very efficient team. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. This is our second visit and it certainly won't be our last. It is so well situated for the beautiful places of interest in particular Broadway and Chipping Campden. We had a marvellous three days Thank you everyone.

1 Thank jomo59
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

Could not fault this hotel. I booked this hotel as a base as a weekend break for my wife's birthday. From my intial call through to checkout the service was outstanding. The hotel had emailed me to advise that there was a wedding booked and that the hotel may be quite noisy giving me ample oppotrunity to change my reservation if I wished to do so, we decided to go ahead anyway and I am delighted we did. Our room was set well away from the public areas and we had no disturbance..
The standard room I had booked; was well furnished, tastefully decorated with all the facilities you would expect. It was the customer the service that set this hotel apart from the rest.-the wine waiter recommended an excellent choice to accompany our meal ( no he did not choose the miost expensive!), the waitress managed to produce gluten free bread with our meals (I had forgotten to plan in advance) and the attention to detail was outstanding. The food was wonderful. the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We stayed on a weekend shopping package and I would say this was excellent value for money. I would certainly stay here again if I was in the area.

Eastbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

A wonderful hotel, very comfortable and well appointed, and a great base for visiting Stratford, Blenheim Palace and other local attractions. The hotel restaurant is wonderful and fully merits the AA Rosette that has been awarded for the past 4 years. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended

Burton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

My husband and I along with our children have just stayed at this lovely hotel near Banbury. Not knowing the area very well, I was surprised how well placed it was for lots of attractions. The rooms are lovely and clean and beautifully turned out. Hardly any noise for passing traffic to wake you up ...apart from a gate in the car park that kept banging all night. Breakfast is a must, lots to choose from, and the dining room is lovely.
The staff were very friendly, although the lady owner was rather sharp with her staff and didn't smile much, if at all. Rather a dragon to work for , I fear. However, all credit to her for having such a delightful hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

My wife & I stayed here for a second time. The quality and service is second to none. The room was very large and comfortable, and the restaurant still maintains its high standards.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

We spent just a night here but would definitely go back again. The staff were friendly, nothing was too much hassle for them and the service was exceptional. We
stayed in the new part of the hotel so room was modern and very clean with everything you could need to make your stay more comfortable. There was coffee and tea making facilities, flat screen TV, free WiFi, iron/ironing board, selection of toiletries, complimentary water and really comfortable bed. We decided on arrival to book in to the hotel restaurant for dinner that evening and we were not disappointed, the food was delicious and again service was second to none. We cannot fault this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbury
Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel
Macdonald Bear Hotel
Macdonald Bear Hotel
#1 of 6 in Woodstock
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,602 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Banbury Wroxton House Hotel? Share your experiences!