“Saved the day!”

The Inn at Farnborough
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fiercely Independent Country Pub and Restaurant serving outstanding produce that we do not mess around with, Simple and delicious. Our service is great, friendly and laid back. But first a warning to you fine people, please think very hard before coming to Le Inn.......We would love to see you but we have a few rules you need to consider first. You see Le Inn is not for everyone and that is just fine by us, only the very select few are aloud to become members of The Inn Crowd, it is a privilege and we do not give away membership lightly or on a whim, you as a guest have to play your part and earn your stripes. When you come to Le Inn remember you are coming to join our little club and we do things how we do them because that is how we like it, its our place and that's just how we like it, we ain't coming to your house Hombre! Lay back, relax, smile and enjoy the ride. So Mou Cha Cha,if you moan and whinge and have a face that looks like it has been slapped by last weeks Haddock, please take your money somewhere else, we don't want it....ciao!
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Arrived here for a joint 20th wedding anniversary meal after The Kingham Plough completely messed up our booking and were rude to boot.
What a lovely find! Really cosy and relaxing restaurant (we'd just done a 10 mile walk) and delicious food and wine. They completely saved the day for us and we'll definitely be back. My only small criticism is that £12.50 for 3 Scallops is a bit over the top, delicious though they were.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have eaten here on various occasions and it is always very good. Thanks once again for a lovely meal, good service and atmosphere. We were greeted by a wonderful girl waitress (lenka) and made to feel like returning friends even on our very first visit. can highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked a table for two for brunch at 12, through toptable. We were the first customers of the day. By the time we left, about two hours later, the place was really busy. The atmosphere of this establishment is lovely with a lot of attention to detail. We were sitting next to a shelf with at least 60 cookery books- handy if your company bores you to distraction- not in my case! When we had a look at the menu there were no breakfast options. Our waitress stated that they don't serve breakfast, just lunch and dinner. My friend ordered ham and eggs and I ordered asparagus and a poached egg as well as the salad with spinach, peas and feta. All dishes were presented beautifully; my salad had pea shoots and an edible flower- lovely touch. Everything was delicious! Considering that we were the only customers there, it took a while to be served, though.The service was polite but not very swift. My friend ordered another drink and had to remind the waitress. There seem to be more than enough staff around to look after their customers even when it got busier. We finished our meal with a sticky toffee pudding and the trio cocktail of dessert (jelly, panna cotta, ice cream). Again both choices were divine! All in all a lovely experience and we will be returning for more!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Ate at The Inn for the first time last night, and we'll certainly be back. A nice secluded table for our party of 6, we were looked after very well. Everyone's food was of a very high standard and enjoyed by all. They even sang Happy Birthday to my husband!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I visited 'The Inn' with business colleagues this week as it's highly recommended locally and some colleagues had visited before. To be honest I came away underwhelmed having visited a pub restaurant so highly rated. On a positive note the location and ambience makes for a very pleasant place to spend an evening and all the staff were polite, friendly and attentive. The selection on the evening A la Carte menu is comprehensive with a range of dishes to suit most tastes. I chose the anti pasti starter (£8.50) which had good selection and was very pleasant. For my main course I selected an Aberdeenshire steak burger with Oxford blue cheese and Parma ham which comes with a Caesar salad and skinny fries (£13.95). It arrived on an attractive looking but impractical wooden board about the width of the burger and I spent half my time trying to stop things falling onto the table! The burger was OK, but just OK taking into account reputation and cost, the portion of fries was very small and the salad average. I didn't personally have a sweet but finished with a coffee. In summary the surroundings and service were excellent, but the food didn't match the ranking, reputation and cost leaving me feeling disappointed.

2  Thank Chris H