“Another good stay”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
London, United Kingdom
“Another good stay”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had another great stay a very friendly welcome & a very nice room. This time we had a evening meal in there restrant. The food was homemade & very nice with value for money. the service good & very friendly we both enjoyed the experince so will do it all again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I needed for a room in Banbury at late notice and found this lovely little hotel on Laterooms.
the price was a bargain (under £60 inc breakfast) so I booked it. Bearing in mind I had booked it at 10pm and rang to get directions at 10-30, Debs, the owner was very accommodating even after telling me she shouldn't accept bookings after 9-30pm. This is an issue with Laterooms that she should take up.
However, Debs took the card payment over the phone and within a few minutes I was on my way.
The car park is off the road with plenty of space. The reception wasn't manned when I arrived but my key was waiting for me. The double room I had booked was small but very clean, nicely decorated and just what I required.
bathroom was small but clean, and warm.
Free wifi was a boon for emailing and faster than relying on my phone connection.
The bed was perfectly comfortable and the breakfast in the morning could not be faulted.
delicious locally sourced food and far better than mass catered for generic premier inn breakfast that I am used to.
If I need to stay within 30miles of this location again I would not hesitate to stay here again.
My thanks to Debs for allowing the booking at such late notice, and my compliments on a lovely little hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
easingtonhouse, Manager at Easington House, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, look forward to meeting you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for one night. Its just not that nice. The room was small and dark. As was the bathroom. There was no actual shower. So in order to have one I had to crouch in the bath. But that wasn't all. The hot water continuously went on and off. Not great.

Breakfast and checkout is early for the weekend. 08.30 - 09.30 checkout at 10.30.

The lady that runs the place is nice, but verging on passive aggressive. And bizarrely calls you "my love" at the end of every sentence.

All of the above said, it was very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you consider me " passive aggressive " and i am slightly at a loss as to understand why you think this?

Also not sure which room you had but all our rooms have quality bathrooms & shower rooms hence our 4 star rating.
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Easington House is an old property which has been tastefully converted over the years to make very comfortable b&b accommodation. The service was friendly and efficient and this was appreciated during our stay in Banbury. Easington House has a car park which was an asset. The establishment is within walking distance of the town centre for the more abled body. The staff were conversant about local places of interest and also directions in the area.

We had a very enjoyable short break and we would recommend Easington House to fellow travellers to Oxfordshire and beyond.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We would like to say what a beautiful, charming little hotel/guest house Easington House is..the room we stayed in had a four poster bed, a dressing area and a beautiful bathroom with a roll top bath.The Dining Room and Lounge were very cosy and charming and the furnishings were lovely and very in keeping with the date and character of the house. Such a refreshing change from the soul less American chain hotels which seem to be springing up all over the UK. The staff were very friendly and helpful...food excellent made mostly with local fresh ingredients....when we have to visit Banbury again we know where we will be staying. Please dont change anything..we love the creaky floorboards, wonky stairs etc...Thanks again Easington House.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I chose this hotel because I wanted accommodation close to the M40 but with more charm than the soulless and homogenous travelodge type offerings. I appreciated its quirky stairways and the room I occupied was clean, characterful and comfortably furnished with wooden beams across the ceiling. They organised my late check-in and even took a breakfast order so that I wouldn't miss a cooked breakfast before leaving (as I wanted to leave early). Great stop off, accommodating service and I wish I had a liitle more time to appreciate it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Britain in Switzerland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would just like to send my absolute gratitude to everyone @ the Easington House Hotel.
I, myself & 3 friends had been competing in a local eventing competition.
We all had experienced a very successful & enjoyable day however one of my friends had unfortunately had a fall in the Cross Country & was in some discomfort.
We decided to find some local accommodation.
This is where the 'Easington House' answered our prayers.
After trying a couple of hotels & B&B's we contacted Easington House enquiring of any vacancies.
I knew the location was ideal to get to from the event venue where the horses could stable overnight & also easily accessible for the horsebox.
From the initial contact, the helpfulness & indeed kindness from the member of staff & indeed all the staff was unbelievable & exceptional.
The quality of the accommodation for both comfort & total relaxation was second to none.
We were quite concerned on arrival at the filthy state of a couple of us, however we were welcomed by everybody, infact I think it caused quite alot of laughter!
Due to my friends fall we were offered a selection of rooms, very accommodating!
Well, the food!!! For pure convenience (& we had also heard excellent reviews) we decided to dine at the Easington.
Both the selection & the quality were again outstanding, we all had probably one of the nicest social, friendly evenings together that we've had for a very long time.
The ambience was exquisite , infact the whole atmosphere in the hotel was so tranquil & relaxing.
We all experienced an excellent night sleep following a very eventful day & superb evening.
I would just like to thank everybody @ the Easington House for both coming to our rescue & what turned out to be a very very pleasent & enjoyable experience.
THANKYOU!