“Easingtonhouse the best”
Review of Easington House

Easington House
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed three time now in this hotel lovely clean ,food lovely ,small little quite room to relax and take a drink in to or just read the paper,open fire by reception ,real homely ,garden nice to sit in , would recommend

Room Tip: Right by main road but don't let that put you off still quite great place
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had another great stay a very friendly welcome & a very nice room. This time we had a evening meal in there restrant. The food was homemade & very nice with value for money. the service good & very friendly we both enjoyed the experince so will do it all again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I needed for a room in Banbury at late notice and found this lovely little hotel on Laterooms.
the price was a bargain (under £60 inc breakfast) so I booked it. Bearing in mind I had booked it at 10pm and rang to get directions at 10-30, Debs, the owner was very accommodating even after telling me she shouldn't accept bookings after 9-30pm. This is an issue with Laterooms that she should take up.
However, Debs took the card payment over the phone and within a few minutes I was on my way.
The car park is off the road with plenty of space. The reception wasn't manned when I arrived but my key was waiting for me. The double room I had booked was small but very clean, nicely decorated and just what I required.
bathroom was small but clean, and warm.
Free wifi was a boon for emailing and faster than relying on my phone connection.
The bed was perfectly comfortable and the breakfast in the morning could not be faulted.
delicious locally sourced food and far better than mass catered for generic premier inn breakfast that I am used to.
If I need to stay within 30miles of this location again I would not hesitate to stay here again.
My thanks to Debs for allowing the booking at such late notice, and my compliments on a lovely little hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
easingtonhouse, Manager at Easington House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, look forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for one night. Its just not that nice. The room was small and dark. As was the bathroom. There was no actual shower. So in order to have one I had to crouch in the bath. But that wasn't all. The hot water continuously went on and off. Not great.

Breakfast and checkout is early for the weekend. 08.30 - 09.30 checkout at 10.30.

The lady that runs the place is nice, but verging on passive aggressive. And bizarrely calls you "my love" at the end of every sentence.

All of the above said, it was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you consider me " passive aggressive " and i am slightly at a loss as to understand why you think this?

Also not sure which room you had but all our rooms have quality bathrooms & shower rooms hence our 4 star rating.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Easington House is an old property which has been tastefully converted over the years to make very comfortable b&b accommodation. The service was friendly and efficient and this was appreciated during our stay in Banbury. Easington House has a car park which was an asset. The establishment is within walking distance of the town centre for the more abled body. The staff were conversant about local places of interest and also directions in the area.

We had a very enjoyable short break and we would recommend Easington House to fellow travellers to Oxfordshire and beyond.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We would like to say what a beautiful, charming little hotel/guest house Easington House is..the room we stayed in had a four poster bed, a dressing area and a beautiful bathroom with a roll top bath.The Dining Room and Lounge were very cosy and charming and the furnishings were lovely and very in keeping with the date and character of the house. Such a refreshing change from the soul less American chain hotels which seem to be springing up all over the UK. The staff were very friendly and helpful...food excellent made mostly with local fresh ingredients....when we have to visit Banbury again we know where we will be staying. Please dont change anything..we love the creaky floorboards, wonky stairs etc...Thanks again Easington House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I chose this hotel because I wanted accommodation close to the M40 but with more charm than the soulless and homogenous travelodge type offerings. I appreciated its quirky stairways and the room I occupied was clean, characterful and comfortably furnished with wooden beams across the ceiling. They organised my late check-in and even took a breakfast order so that I wouldn't miss a cooked breakfast before leaving (as I wanted to leave early). Great stop off, accommodating service and I wish I had a liitle more time to appreciate it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business