“Easington House”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Easington House”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I have just spent an excellent weekend at the Easington Guest House. We stayed in room 14 which was had a lovely four poster bed in. The room was clean and spacious and looks out on the main road. The full cooked breakfast was excellent. There was also a good choice of cereals and yoghurts etc. All the staff we met very friendly and helpful and we would recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IAN B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
walsall
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Booked the Easington house as a last minute break for my husbands 50th birthday. We decided on Banbury so as to visit oxford, which we did on Saturday. We arrived at the Easington and was not disappointed, parking is to the rear of the property with a short walk along the garden path round to the front and reception. we were greeted inside with a lovely open fire and friendly hello from the lady who greeted us she gave us our keys and code to the front door and showed us to our room. The room was room 1 on the ground floor just off the entrance hall a lovely big room with one large double bed and a single bed in it, plenty of space for our belongings, two chairs a small flat screen t v and a well stocked tea coffee tray. The room was nice and warm and despite being at the front and near the main road the traffic noise was hardly noticeable. The bathroom again was spacious and very clean with lovely big white fluffy towels and nice aloe vera products for us to try, there was a good shower with plenty of hot water over a bath so the option for either was up to ourselves. Overall the room was lovely and clean, very well presented with spotless bed linen and comfortable bed so we had two good nights sleep. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evenings but debs provided us with a more than adequate breakfast each morning of our stay which was lovely and hot with a nice pot of tea provided by the other lovely lady who was also serving at breakfast. The hotel is in a fantastic location for the town just a short walk down the hill into Banbury which has a good array of nice shops, bars, restaurants etc. Good parking at the shopping centre not expensive at all. We had a fantastic stay at the Easington, we paid a really good price for excellent service and accommodation. I would recommend the Easington house to family and friends and to anyone wanting a nice place to stay in Banbury.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed three time now in this hotel lovely clean ,food lovely ,small little quite room to relax and take a drink in to or just read the paper,open fire by reception ,real homely ,garden nice to sit in , would recommend

Room Tip: Right by main road but don't let that put you off still quite great place
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had another great stay a very friendly welcome & a very nice room. This time we had a evening meal in there restrant. The food was homemade & very nice with value for money. the service good & very friendly we both enjoyed the experince so will do it all again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I needed for a room in Banbury at late notice and found this lovely little hotel on Laterooms.
the price was a bargain (under £60 inc breakfast) so I booked it. Bearing in mind I had booked it at 10pm and rang to get directions at 10-30, Debs, the owner was very accommodating even after telling me she shouldn't accept bookings after 9-30pm. This is an issue with Laterooms that she should take up.
However, Debs took the card payment over the phone and within a few minutes I was on my way.
The car park is off the road with plenty of space. The reception wasn't manned when I arrived but my key was waiting for me. The double room I had booked was small but very clean, nicely decorated and just what I required.
bathroom was small but clean, and warm.
Free wifi was a boon for emailing and faster than relying on my phone connection.
The bed was perfectly comfortable and the breakfast in the morning could not be faulted.
delicious locally sourced food and far better than mass catered for generic premier inn breakfast that I am used to.
If I need to stay within 30miles of this location again I would not hesitate to stay here again.
My thanks to Debs for allowing the booking at such late notice, and my compliments on a lovely little hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
easingtonhouse, Manager at Easington House, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, look forward to meeting you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here for one night. Its just not that nice. The room was small and dark. As was the bathroom. There was no actual shower. So in order to have one I had to crouch in the bath. But that wasn't all. The hot water continuously went on and off. Not great.

Breakfast and checkout is early for the weekend. 08.30 - 09.30 checkout at 10.30.

The lady that runs the place is nice, but verging on passive aggressive. And bizarrely calls you "my love" at the end of every sentence.

All of the above said, it was very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you consider me " passive aggressive " and i am slightly at a loss as to understand why you think this?

Also not sure which room you had but all our rooms have quality bathrooms & shower rooms hence our 4 star rating.
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Easington House is an old property which has been tastefully converted over the years to make very comfortable b&b accommodation. The service was friendly and efficient and this was appreciated during our stay in Banbury. Easington House has a car park which was an asset. The establishment is within walking distance of the town centre for the more abled body. The staff were conversant about local places of interest and also directions in the area.

We had a very enjoyable short break and we would recommend Easington House to fellow travellers to Oxfordshire and beyond.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple