“Excellanto”

Ranked #4 of 192 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy sumptuous, authentic Italian cuisine for lunches and evening meals. Relax in an inviting and contemporary restaurant, looked after by our friendly and welcoming staff. Call today to make your reservation or to order your 'take away' Parties or private functions are always welcome at the Pizza Calzone Ristorante Pizzeria. Whatever the nature of your celebration, e.g. birthday, anniversary, office party, etc, we will be able to create a special atmosphere for your guests. (Christenings can be held in the Sundays when the restaurant can be booked exclusively for your guests.)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Excellanto”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend and I stumbled upon this Restaurant this afternoon. The waitress, a very attractive Italian lady was polite and friendly and showed us to a table outside. We both had a glass of rose wine. Chose from the menu.... Pizza and a Rissotto. The food arrived quickly and was delicious. A photographer arrived to photograph the outside of the Restaurant, my friend and I were included in the shots, which was quite funny. We joked we should have a free glass of wine and the next moment a bottle arrived with compliments from the staff - a very nice Italian waiter who was from the Amalfi Coast. More fun and conversation even though he said his English was not brilliant. All in all the service, food, atmosphere, hospitality and service were excellent, We shall definitely be calling back and we would both recommend San Carlo
to anyone.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Great pizza and calzone!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you want to try some Italian food, you have to try San Carlo. The pizza is really nice and calzone are massive :-)

• Visited April 2014
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm welcome. Excellent food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is our second visit to San Carlo and we've never been disappointed. The pizza's are beautiful with bases prepared perfectly in front of you. I chose the meatball tagliatelle which was incredibly tasty and my husband had the seafood pasta which was crammed with beautiful seafood. The service was friendly, swift and accommodating. They made a fuss of my young stepson making us all feel truly welcome. Would absolutely recommend to anyone who was after a lovely Italian meal.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Eyes definitely bigger than belly”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I admit, I was hungry. But not hungry enough for the significant portions brought to my table. The Brie fritto was almost the size of a slice of brie from the supermarket. And there were two of them on my plate, along with a lovely fruits of the forest coulis. I probably should have left one and I might have been able to eat more of my ravioli main. But I had also made the mistake of ordering a garlic bread on the side, which turned out to be the size of a pizza. The quality was good, but I probably didn't enjoy my meal as much as I should given the portion size. I'd have preferred smaller portions, lower prices and then I might just have managed a dessert!

• Visited May 2014
Bedforshire
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

They were able to accommodate us with no booking, although the restaurant was full on a Friday evening. I ordered a vegetarian pizza which they cooked to order and my husband had a pasta dish, which he said was the best he had ever had outside of Italy. They made fresh pizza base, which I loved seeing spun. All the staff were attentive and the owner (I think) not only cooked, but went round tables talking to all the guests. Truly a good meal.

Visited April 2014