“Quirky and charming”
Review of The Old Auctioneer

The Old Auctioneer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Auctioneer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Quirky and charming”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Visited here due to Trip Advisor reviews. We turned up about half eight on a Thursday evening and it was quite full. One of the staff showed us to a table and let us know that it was 241 fajita night. We didn't fancy them but they looked excellent from other tables!
This is a charming old building which has been tarted up with lovely wooden tables, interesting pictures and painted stylishly. The music is good too, indie, soul etc.
To start, I had sizzling garlic prawns with warm fresh bread. The prawns were giant and delicious. My bf had buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dip and he declared them to be the best ever wings! The sauce wasn't too heavy or spicy but was seriously tasty.
For mains , I had Peruvian spitroast chicken. I can't say I noticed the Peruvianess but it was delicious, the fries were crispy and the coleslaw was yummy. Bf had ribs and they were excellent with a gorgeous sauce.
We didn't have puddings but did have cocktails with malteasers in! The staff were lovely and friendly and there was a great atmosphere. I wish I could pick it up and take it home with me!

2 Thank neleh87

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A great eating place!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I spent a mid week break in Banbury and having read the reviews for the Old Auctioneer we gave it a try. We were not disappointed and had dinner there on both nights. Apart from the comprehensive menu choices there are 2 for 1 options each night, which we took advantages of (steak and fijitas). A good choice of beers to be tasted as well. The staff were very friendly Oh yer, the owner said he lived on the premises and it was haunted. We didn't see any ghosts but then the place was full so probably could not get a table. Highly recommend the Old Auctioneer.

Northamptonshire
“A Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The Old Auctioneer was recommended to us and we were pleasantly surprised to find a new lunch spot in Banbury

The staff were all very friendly and the 2 for 1 pizza deal was too good to miss. Excellent pizzas and great value, what more can you ask for?

In addition to the all day menu, there is also a much larger menu available with a good selection of dishes and some very tasty looking burger options as well as steaks and fajitas.

Oxfordshire
“Value for money”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My friend and I had lunch today (Tuesday) we had the 2 for 1 on the burgers.. They were excellent, presented well, good size portions of chips and homemade coleslaw...
Extremely cheap and good quality..
Would highly recommend

Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Had a fantastic meal here saturday night. The manager is right on the ball. He knows what customers want. Good food, cooked properly, little touches that make it special, like the delicious home made bread for one, lovely friendly staff and perfectly made cocktails. Great stuff. Will definitey visit again and have recommended to others.

Visited April 2014