“Brilliant Party Venue”
Review of Rye Hill Golf Club

Rye Hill Golf Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fantastic 18 hole golf course complex with, great practice facilities, putting green, par 3 course and a large Clubhouse facility offering relaxed informal food & drink daily 8am-6pm together with stunning first floor function facilities designed for weddings, dinners, meetings and parties. Sit down meals for up to 180 parties for up to 280. Simply the most flexible and accomodating hospitality venue in North Oxfordshire.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My daughter and her friend had an 18th Birthday party at Ryehill and this was a great night which went really smoothly due to the excellent staff, nothing was too much trouble

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"farmhouse"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wedding was meant to happen on the 8th February 2014, as a bride to be your worries are about family, friends or something small going wrong on the day. Well it wasn't until I arrived at the venue that I knew we had a problem and the problem was me and my husband were not going to get married by law. After waiting for an hour in the car and trying not to cry and hold it in, we were married by the eyes of god ( which was paid out of our own expense) It was a nice feeling but deep down I was hurt and just wanted to scream but if it had not been for my family and friends I would of walked out. I had a moment with my Fiancée and he told me what had happened. We had put our trust and not forget a huge amount of money that we have saved for a number of years on one person Greg. I would hold my hands up if we were to blame for no registrar but as the person who is organising and running your big day, you would of thought in all the meetings we had with him and the exchanging of emails, he would have advised or checked that this was done. As a bride to be, I had several impressions that he had spoken to them and was telling me what would happen with the registrar on our wedding day. To know he was putting the blame on my fiancée hurt me even more, because we both trusted him and he should of put the blame on both of us but we were not too blame and believed he would make the day special for us.
There were other mistakes that happened in the day but they seem so small after this big mistake. Greg was hardly around for the day and when he left he didn't even say goodbye or congratulate us which to me is very rude and made me believe he knew we were not happy. I can not fault the other staff who were there on the day, they were reliable and helpful whenever we needed something. They made the day better for us and I do believe if Greg had not organised our day, I would not be writing a bad review.
I want other brides to be to not have to go through what I went through but also hope Greg has learnt from this mistake and would not let any other couple go through this. I feel Rye Hill Gold club is a lovely venue but for us I would tell anyone not to get married there until Greg is not the person responsible for weddings.
We are now married which happened on the 15th March 2014, it was a special moment for us but I still feel it shouldn't of happened but it was the past and I am now looking forward to my future with my husband and family.

I would like to point out that we sent Greg several emails asking for some money back well at least out ceremony charge and he has avoided this. I find this disrespectful and unprofessional.

7  Thank kayliegh t
Reviewed 3 April 2014

when are you going to answer my daughters and son-in-laws (yes they managed to get married in a registry office 6 weeks later). have you got no shame at the treatment for that day on 8th February 2014.
this will not go away you don't know my son in law....or daughter.. how you have the gaul to put out a promotional video is beyond me.
they will not rest till you have redressed their complaints believe me.
this is from the so called mother of the not wed bride..........

9  Thank kim m
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I hope no one else has to go through the experience we have had with Rye Hill Golf Club.

Having to tell my fiancé that we have spent all our savings to become Mr and Mrs and by the letter of the law we were not married for a further month has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.

To tell all my family who have travelled from all over the world that it has been all for nothing has really hurt us as we trusted them to make our wedding day special, the owner could not even bring himself to congratulate us and say goodbye.

• We paid a ceremony charge of £240 and no registrar was booked and I had to arrange at short notice arrange my own pastor to bless us at my own expense
• Photographer had arranged to come to venue on 7th February and meet yourself and to set-up equipment, when he arrived the venue was shut
• Background music was never mentioned in any of our meetings yet your staff told me that they normally they have background music during drinks
• At no point was the offer of photos to be taken at the lake as previously offered
• Drinking was not allowed in the main hall during ceremony but was allowed later in the day we was not informed prior to this arrangement
• Part of our colour arrangements was to have the mood lighting to change between blue and yellow this was only blue
• When pig roast was served by manager on duty he was unaware that a gluten free roll was to be supplied even though this was mentioned at previous meetings
• Food service was not delivered to table by food choice menus given to you prior to the event
• On the website it mentions “organise a pre-wedding meeting with you to sample your preferred dishes and wines” – Food tasting was offered however drink tasting was not
• On the website it mentions “A day or two before you wedding – it is then time for you to leave the rest to us, we will set and dress the tables to your exact instructions” - Our requirements for seating plan were not adhered to as advised by groom, tables were incorrectly positioned and name cards were incorrectly spelt
• On the website it mentions “On the day – Reception drinks chilled, poured and awaiting your arrival” Staff had drinks available however not all party were offered a drink
• On the website it mentions “Our wedding planning check list will keep you on plan and budget” We have never seen or been given a wedding check list

Ian & Kayliegh (Now finally married over a month later)

7  Thank Ian T
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had an amazing wedding reception at Rye Hill Golf Club. Greg and his team made us feel very special and nothing was too much trouble. Greg made us a starter to our own specifications and it exceeded our expectations. Delicious!!
The service was second to none, the canapés and wedding breakfast were excellent. We were late coming in for our wedding breakfast due to our photographs running over but the food was still piping hot.
Greg and his team ensured that the decorations, table plan, place names and photo props were all laid out as we wanted and everything we asked for was done with a 'no problem' attitude.
Greg was always contactable for any questions we had in the planning stages, even answering the phone while he was on his family holiday in France! (Sorry Greg!)
Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been too, and that's all down to Greg and his team.
Thank you for making our day one that we will never forget. James and Emma x

5  Thank JimChristie