“70th Birthday Party”

Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed 9 May 2014

On the 2nd of May we had a 70th birthday party, which was absolutly fantastic. The food was excellent, the way the room was decorated was also excellent with co-ordinating colours.
We would like to say many thanks to Charlie and his team for their service and constant attention to the guests.
We would also like to say thank you to James who kept us entertained and was also very attentive.
Everybody had a wonderful time including all the family and friends - all the feedback from them have been nothing but excellent

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mel W
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guests

Thank you ever so much for your very kind comments following the birthday party you held here at Mercure Whatley Hall. I am so glad that you all enjoyed the food so much and in particular thankyou very much for you postive review of Charlie and the team, they are definetly a huge asset to us.

Once again many thanks and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have recently had a very pleasant stay in this hotel. All staff was exceptionally friendly and very helpfull. We had very last minute booking that was sorted out by the rooms devision manger - Atilla, whom we are very thankfull for. The hotel has a perfect location with a secure parking. Rooms are very spacious, individually stylish and clean with a beautiful views to a lovely garded. Would definately recomend this hotel to anyone visiting Banbury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for you lovely review following your recent stay here with us at Mercure Whately Hall Hotel. I very happy to read that Atilla was so helpful in sorting out your last minute booking and that you enjoyed the hotel and our location so much.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you again and thank you for recommendation to others

Once again many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank notsureman

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed 1 night here, in a lovely double front facing room. The hotel itself is a lovely old building with beautiful gardens to the rear. The room was clean and spacious, and the staff were welcoming and efficient. Some people have mentioned access to the parking area if you have a large car. We managed to park a Range Rover with little difficulty, though did retract the wing mirrors. I was happy with the price , accommodation and location, and would heartily recommend you consider this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Baggiesboy123
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guests,

I am very happy to read your review and see your 5 out of 5 score following your stay with us.
It is always great to hear such lovely comments about the team working here and I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed your accommodation. Also that in such a large car you were able to enter our car park, although narrow you can actually get all cars and even some vans in although slow and steady is advised !!

Once gain thank you for your comments and recommendations to others and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I found the my stay very pleasant and the staff were so helpful I very foolishly left my phone in hotel reception and it was posted out recived it the following day I really could not have asked for more and will recomend my compay use your hotel in future so thank to your very helpfull staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David E

Dear Guest

Thankyou ever so much for your kind review following your recent stay here at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall. I am most pleased to read your comments regarding our team here, they truly are our biggest asset.

Once again many thanks and I do hope to be able to welcome you here again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Joseph G

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a voucher to eat in the restaurant so otherwise probably wouldn’t have chosen to have gone here.

To be honest, the food was okay. It was tasty and there were some nice things to choose from on the menu. We had good service. We don’t have anything bad to say about the place (although maybe it’s in need of a bit of love and attention in some places) but then again I wouldn’t rave about this place and say it was amazing either. It is okay.

It’s a shame that there weren’t any other people eating in the restaurant when we were there at lunchtime. So there wasn’t really any atmosphere and we were a little forgotten at times.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat here. I could’ve lived without going to the restaurant. However if I ever had the pleasure of staying in the hotel I’m sure I wouldn’t have a bad meal here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nj_jackson

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your comments following your dining expereince here. I am happy to read that your meal was satisfactory and you had good service. I note your comments regarding the hotel needing some love and attention and we are on a constant path of improvement and investement.

Once again thank you very much for your comments.