“No AC”

Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Third time we have stayed here and had forgotten how hot the rooms get so much so that it was unbearable .My booking said each room has Climate control (a fan) and a fridge.No Fridge.For the money it cost these conditions are unacceptable.Breakfast was ok but the Bacon was tuff as old boots and nothing was hot.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank frabel
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments after your stay with us, I am not sure which website you made your booking as non should say climate control or fridges in all rooms, we do have a small number with mini bars in. Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast I shall address these with our Food and Beverage Manager.

My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us but I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.

General Mananger

Reviewed 19 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank 687janetter

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Would stay there again as long as there was no wedding taking place !! Fortunately for the wedding party, it was great weather and a warm ,balmy evening. Unfortunately for us,our room overlooked area where wedding was taking place . There was no air conditioning in our room but had to keep all windows shut for the noise. Music ended before midnight but guests continued to celebrate til after 2 am. As hotel was fully booked, couldn't change rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Mac08Scotland
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guests
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments and I am very sorry for the disturbance caused by the wedding we had here and that we were unable to move you rooms. We do try our very best to accommodate non wedding guests as far away as possible however it is not always possible due to room type requests. I am however happy to read that you would choose to stay here again and our Reception team would be very happy to help and advise as to any events which were taking place.

Once again my apologies,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We got a good deal via the Accor hotels website and paid just under £50 for B&B for 2. It was excellent for that price but in reality if we had paid over £60 we would have been disappointed and an more very unhappy. The place is tired and needs a lot of work to bring it up to a decent standard, The breakfast was very disappointing and no way worth £15.50 if you had to pay for it. Could not recommend this hotel unless you get it cheap. The staff were helpful though.

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay here, I am happy to read that you had a good rate for staying with us, I understand your comments regarding the overall condition of the hotel and we are undergoing consant redecoration and refurbishment, I would hope that should you choose to stay with us again you would see continued improvement. I am sorry that you were disppointed with breakfast but pleased to read that you found the staff helpful.

Once again many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were given a couple of tickets for the British F1 GP a couple of days before the race &
After trolling through lots of hotels that were ether fully booked or way too expensive I came across Mercure Banbury via late rooms.com for £99 for a double room & only 16 miles from Silverstone. The hotel was clean & quiet even though they were hosting a wedding reception the night we arrived. Facilities were great with free Wi-Fi & they even let us have a very early 6am breakfast in the dining room. Our room was quite warm so I was pleased to find a electric fan in the wardrobe, along with an iron & ironing board. Everyone was friendly & welcoming. There was also free parking to the rear of the hotel.

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your stay here with us at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and especially nice to read your comments about the team.

Once again many thanks and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wonderful gardens. A lovely looking building, came here for a three day conference with work, so I didnt pay! Good location, literally a 5 min walk from the main town and a couple of mins from the cinema. car park behind the hotel but it does have limited space. You get a feeling of grandeur in the hotel, and it is a place I would come again to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhondaoxfordshire
whately, General Manager at Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your 5 out of 5 review following the stay you had with your conference. I am so happy to read your lovely commets regarding not only the building but the general atmoshphere and am really pleased that you would choose to stay with us again.

Once again many thanks,

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed over Grand Prix weekend, and no staff on the bar for me to order my food. Same problem when I wanted to pay.

Breakfast average buffet - strong and burnt coffee.

Put the do not disturb sign on door if you want to sleep in past 8.30am or housekeeping will wake you up.
The bed was very uncomfortable. Rooms are roasting, and no air conditioning

Hot taps in bathroom = warm water. However in the 'ladies powder room', scalding hot water - with no signs to warn you of how hot it actually gets. Mentioned this to staff - and the response was, 'oh, ok'

Staff however, are generally polite and courteous.

In no rush to stay here again, but if there was nowhere else, it wouldn't be the worst place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank katie_207

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Naturally I am really disappointed to read your comments regarding both the Food and Beverage service and quality of the coffee and regarding your accommodation.

On a positive note I am pleased to read that the team were polite and courteous.

I will certainly address your concerns with the relevant Heads of Department.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and although I understand your comments about returning to stay I would hope that you would give us another opportunity.

Once again and kind regards