“The best place to eat, drink and relax...in the world!”
Review of Pinto Lounge

Pinto Lounge
Ranked #31 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pinto Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe lounge that's open 9am till 11pm everyday. Where families, friends, and locals can enjoy coffee, cocktails and loads in between! A nice big breakfast, something light to eat at lunch time and some tasty tapas in the evening. All in the relaxed comfortable environment of a lounge. We have a heated courtyard and well behaved children and dogs are welcome too!
Southampton
“The best place to eat, drink and relax...in the world!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The title pretty much says it all, in a Jeremy Clarkson voice. I am regularly questioned about my 'obsession' with Pinto Lounge by those not in the know...but anyone who's been there will know that there is no finer place to pass an hour (or five) with a mountain of tapas, a couple of pairs of bottles of wine and good company.

Hell, I often do away with the wine and friends and go there by myself, just to order everything on the menu and not have to share it. The staff don't judge me (outwardly), and the excellent food is supplied at a brisk rate ensuring I can easily double my weight in steak sandwiches in under an hour.

One of the things I like best about Pinto is that you feel comfortable going there for quick lunch, proper evening out or just a drink with mates. Sometimes I dress up, sometimes I don't. Once I'm pretty sure I was just wearing pjamas. Whatever, it's all cool with the Pinto. It's not somewhere the louts of Banbury hang out though, so don't expect a cheapo kebab or lager in a plastic cup - you're getting decent quality stuff and that's mega.

It's a credit to the team that I can name and shame most of the girls and guys there...but to name a select few we see regularly, Becky, Jess, James, Izzy, Gina, Kylie, Emma, Amelia, Claudia...they're always cheery, smiley and happy to see us, despite the fact we stand at the bar for over 10 minutes choosing the exact same food each time we go. The girls really are very nice. I once spelt out the words 'marry me' to Izzy with some leftover haloumi and a lamb kofta, but I don't think she saw it.

The team do an awesome job under Becky's guidance and can be very proud to call themselves the best place to eat & drink in Banbury. I would recommend Pinto Lounge to anyone in the area, and look forward to seeing them #1 in the rankings on Tripadvisor - it would be very well deserved and certainly well earnt.

And if this review helps get them there...well, I think at the very least James and Jess should do an 'Up Where We Belong' karaoke duet over the microphone after the Sunday Night Quiz...

Phil 'Girly-Drink' Stanley

• Visited April 2014
Rebecca S, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Wowzer! Phil you absolute hero. I'm genuinely rather touched that you and Ollie have taken the time to say such lovely things about Pinto. I'm almost speechless...

To hear our regular customers, such as yourself, lavish us with such praise really do make the long hard hours worthwhile, and it is always a real pleasure when you guys walk through our door.

I'm welling up just trying to think of words of gratitude than befit how thankful we are to you boys.

So before I turn into a blubbering mess I'll end this with a massive thank you for supporting us over the years and long may it continue.

Many many thanks again.

James

Ps: there may be hugs next time you're here.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Their most regular customers...”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Me and a friend been coming here for years, and I struggle to think what has taken me so long to write a review.
We've been here for breakfast wake ups, summer day lunches, afternoon tea, evening dinner, staff parties, family/friend meet ups, dates and late nights with too much wine.
No matter which time you go - the atmosphere fits in perfectly.

The venue has a warm and unique feeling - with the option to choose the surrounding music yourself using a phone app. Always a favourite.

The staff are flawless - friendly, talkative and helpful in every sense. We've often found ourselves stood at the bar chatting away after everybody else has gone home.

The food is spot on - not over priced, but prepared perfectly with helpful suggestions from the staff on what is a popular dish. (After sampling everything on the menu though, that's not a requirement for us any more) The steak sandwich is a favourite - as is the pulled pork tapas - but it's all delicious.

I could rattle on and on about how great this place is, but you've just got to go yourself. It's easy enough for me as I live about 30 seconds away - but it's worth the trip from any distance.

Many thanks to Becky and all the Pinto guys and girls (I could list all their names by now, but you know who you are)... I'm sure you'll be seeing me soon.

Ollie Fox.
x

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Olliedfox
Rebecca S, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Well Mr Fox, how we can I possibly even begin to thank you for your comments!?

We absolutely love you guys, there is nothing more satisifying than to see returning friendly faces and you guys really are a couple of our favourites.

And whether you're here eating 3 or 4 courses each, or just drinking our entire supply of martini rosso and prosecco, it's always a total pleasure you serve you.

Here's to many more loungey encounters!

My infinite thanks

“Consistently high standards”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a great place to snack or enjoy a full meal : meet friends or just generally chill out and relax on the sofa.

It doesn't pretend to be a 5 star gastro pub but does manage to turn out high quality food at a consistently high standard with regular specials to compliment the varied menu.

It’s main plus points however are its staff, well trained (it really shows), keen to serve, friendly and efficient. Attention to detail shows everywhere you look from the always full to the brim salt and pepper pots to the regular wiping down of tables and the quality of the food.

Very child friendly, a minus point on a Saturday afternoon if you are not child friendly yourself it has to be said as its become very popular with the mum's, but board games and blackboards are all provided to keep them occupied as are a good selection of papers and even books for the adults.

Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
Rebecca S, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review of the Pinto Lounge! We work really hard to train our staff and get them noticing the small things that make all the difference to your visit.

You've hit the nail on the head with the vibe we try to create and to quote your good self "high quality food at a consistently high standard" we couldn't have put it better ourselves!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Many thanks
England, United Kingdom
“Great drinks and atmosphere, shame about the toilet...”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A good evening with friends-the cooling lemonade was a particular highlight. Can reccomend the falafel burger, but we felt the portions of fries were very small. Perhaps a smaller plate would be more appropriate if they want to make it appear more generous?! I had the salmon/crayfish burger which we checked had no onion in it, only to find half way through some chunks of red onion. This lessened my enjoyment of the evening when I was taken ill, especially as the disabled toilet was covered in faeces. This hadn't been sorted by the time we left around half 8.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pse42
Rebecca S, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your experience with us at the Pinto Lounge.

Firstly, please accept our apologies that you were not entirely happy with some aspects of your evening. We do our best make sure everything is perfect whilst you are dining with us and this time it seems we let you down a little.

Secondly, the salmon and crayfish burger is a very popular item on the menu and they're made fresh in our kitchen. The mix does include red onion and perhaps there was a miscommunication between our staff as the garnish also includes spring onion. We always try to be vigilant in getting your meal just right if there are any special requests.

We hope this experience will not deter you from future visits and we hope to see to see you again.

Many thanks and our sincere apologies.

banbury, oxfordshire
“great place as always... thanks James and Josh (I hope I remembered correctly)”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

great atmosphere as always. fooods alway beeen good and cocktails are my faveee!! I got told the boys behind the bar were covering for the girls and they did a fab job!!! seee you next weeek. much love pintooo xx

• Visited February 2014
Rebecca S, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you so much for such a brilliant review of the pinto lounge! We try our absolute hardest to create a warm and cosy atmosphere and we love hearing that you had such a good evening. (and us boys are always heaps better at looking after the ladies!!)

we look forward to seeing you soon!