“Quite Simply - Great!”

Ranked #14 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Reg's Cafe offer a wide range of hot and cold food,snacks and drinks to eat in or take away. Ranging from all day breakfasts, main meals, jacket potatoes, baguettes, pastries and cakes, freshley ground coffee and tea. Great value for money and a warm friendly atmosphere. Opening hours are Monday-Friday 7.30Am-2.30Pm, Saturday 8.00Am - 1.00Pm, Sunday 9am - 1pm. WINNER OF BEST CAFE/ BISTRO IN THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND AND WALES for two years 2014 and 2015. AT THE FOOD AWARDS. WINNER OF BEST CAFE IN OXFORDSHIRE 2014. WINNER OF BEST RESTAURANT IN OXFORDSHIRE 2013 BY PUBLIC VOTE AT THE OXFORDSHIRE RESTAURANT AWARDS.
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Quite Simply - Great!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

What a treat to go somewhere as utterly un-pretentious as this and be impressed on every level. First, the place is absolutely spotlessly clean. Secondly the decor is simple but effective. Thirdly the furnishings although simple, are functional and comfortable. Fourthly the service is swift, courteous and efficient. Fifthly the food is hot and tasty and last but not least - the menu offers fantastic value for money with nothing apart from the "mega" breakfast priced at over a fiver. Brilliant!

I had the "standard" breakfast at £4.95 which consisted of 2 x bacon, 1 x sausage, a good spoonful of beans and an egg with two slices of toast & butter and a cup of coffee - which to me is great value. My little three year old grandson enjoyed his scrambled eggs, sausage and toast leaving not a scrap, so satisfaction all round. We'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Tim W
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We aim to have high standards in cleanliness and food hygine as I feel this is just how it should be. We are awarded five stars from environmental health for our food hygine which is the best you can get. We have kept the decor and furnishings simple for this reason so they are easy to keep clean. I'm glad the thought the service was swift, the food is all cooked fresh to order and we aim to provide this as quick as we can so we dont keep our hungry customers waiting, as some only have a limited time if they are working. We have introduced a childrens menu espicailly for our younger customers, as a parent myself I know how frustrating it can be to find somewhere that caters for all ages, so I am glad to hear he enjoyed it too. I offer colouring activities for them to keep them busy whilst they wait for their food to help pass the time.
Hope fully we will see you again soon.

Regards,
Reg's Cafe.

Banbury
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a find, always a warm welcome from smiley staff followed by excellent very quick service and amazing food at very competitive prices in a spotlessly clean and well organised cafe. My team and I wont be going anywhere else for our breakfasts!
Nick Jenvey - Rainbow Garden Services

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Nick J
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your team like or cafe and its nice to hear you will become regulars! If there is anything we can ever do to improve our service please let us know. If you ever fancy anything that is not on our menu and we have the ingredients we are always happy to make it for you. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Regards,
Reg's Cafe.
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Local accessible cafe ”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

A good little cafe with friendly staff. Went for breakfast was fine but would expect better for the price. If you are looking for a place to go for breakfast and fancy a change I would give this place a try.

Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve our food and service. If you can think how we can improve anything please feel free to drop me a line at tasty@regscafe.co.uk. I have, since I read your review, again looked at all the prices of breakfasts in town to see how we could improve ours for value for money. Most of the breakfasts priced at below £4.95 don't come with drinks or toast and are generally pre cooked. All our meat is from a butcher, eggs are organic and free range, beans are Heinz and ours breakfast comes with two slices of toast and a cup of either tea or freshly ground coffee, all for £4.95. They are also all cooked fresh to order. Please can you let me know if you have found somewhere in Banbury that does it better as I will give them a try. Many thanks I hope to hear from you.
Banbury
“Good food, good price, simple.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Much better than any other breakfast around town! They don't pretend to be something they are not, keeping it simple and friendly.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Bliss_twit
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear it is the best breakfast in town! We try and keep it simple, we like the relaxed atmosphere of people getting up late at the weekend and coming in for breakfast, it is becoming quite a little meeting place for groups of friends. Please keep coming in and enjoying our food.

Best wishes Reg's Cafe.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great morning after breakfast!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Having been out for a massive curry the night before this 'mega breakfast' was just the job to soak up the night before.
Really friendly staff, Alison was the perfect hostess and the price was more than reasonable.
Restaurant was clean, with nice quirky decor, toilets were fab too.
I would for sure eat here again when I'm next in the area.

4 Thank NahidTonge
Cafecritic1, Owner at Reg's Cafe, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review. Its always nice to receive a genuine review from a proper customer! I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and our cafe. I hope it helped the hangover! Please call in next time you are in the area.

Regards Reg's Cafe.