“The best--ever!!”
Review of Gower's Close

Gower's Close
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banbury
Gower's Close
Ranked #25 of 36 Banbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2010

My husband, myself and our adult daughter stayed there for 4 nights and it wasn't long enough. Judith and John were wonderful hosts and felt like we were staying with friends.
The rooms were great, the breakfast's were great . Best was getting to know Judith and John.
We will go back, for sure.
Sondra

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2010

We couldn't fault this delighful b&b in a quiet village amidst lovely countryside. The house is picturebook and beautifully furnished with personal treasures. Hosts Judith and John went out of their way to make our stay a pleasure. Our double room, overlooking the stunning garden, was spacious and extremely comfortable, with every detail taken care of. Breakfast was delicious and set us up for the day. The fact that there was no television in our room meant that we had a welcome break from the politicians and the volcanic ash story. An excellent stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnEdLondon
Reviewed 25 September 2009

A Beautiful cottage, with an amazing garden, in a lovely location. Conveniently situated so that you can explore the Cotswolds or drive the short distance to Shakespear country at Stratford Upon Avon.
The double room was very nice, overlooking the wonderful garden, with a nice well equipped bathroom.
The host's were a joy to talk to and very welcoming.
We enjoyed our stay very much and hope to visit again.

Steve & Jane.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I saw the picture of the garden in a Bed and Breakfast review and the guarantee of a thatched cottage. It sold me and we stayed.

Staff - Overall, I felt like I was walking on egg shells with our hostess. After leaving, my mother said "British really don't like Americans, do they?" My Dad was needing to use internet, and when we could finally ask point blank about it, the answer was "I have to walk all the way to my office to let you use it."
Or the next morning when I was working out, it felt like I was intruding by going through the kitchen to the back yard.
But our hostess was interesting to let us know about the area's history and recommended one of the greatest meals we had on our trip at the pub next door. She also told us about a book she is writing, which we'll be interested to see.

The garden is spectacular. The view from my room was darling (I felt like I was in a picture book.)

It's a drive to get there.

Breakfast was LOVELY! Fresh fruit from the garden and full english breakfast. Absolutely delightful.

Thatched cottage - I'm sure there are other places available, but overall the town was delightful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lb_dva
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Gowers Close. A lovely house with loads of character and a beautiful garden. The bedroom was really comfortable. David and Judith were very welcoming and even gave gardening tips. Altogether we thoroughly recommend this as one of the best B&Bs we have stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2008

A relaxing stay in a beautiful thatched cottage. Comfortable with little touches - fresh flowers in our room - tea and cakes on arrival.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank julie73344
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We highly recommend Gower’s Close. Our hosts were friendly and welcoming. The thatched cottage is well cared for and full of character, and the garden looked wonderful, even in the rain. We were able to park on the road outside the door in the peaceful village.

Our bedroom was comfortable, pretty and beautifully warm (in November) and there was ample hot water in the en-suite bathroom with a showerhead over the taps. There was no clock/radio (or TV) in the bedroom but that didn’t matter to us.

We were very happy with the breakfast of fresh grapefruit, a bowl of other fruit, orange juice and cereals, scrambled egg and smoked salmon followed by plenty of toast, marmalade and jam. There was a good choice of hot drinks and my special dietary requirements were well catered for. The two pubs recommended for Saturday and Sunday nights also produced excellent food; one just round the corner; the other 2.5 miles away. A torch was offered for the walk to the first pub. We’d booked for one night and stayed for two.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple