“Home from home”

Ranked #1 of 37 Banbury B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Relaxing and welcoming b & b with lovely host and excellent breakfast. Quiet yet convenient location. To be recommended! Very clean bedroom with good amenities and off street parking. If ever in Banbury this ticks all the boxes.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

UK B&Bs have come on leaps and bounds recently but Hanwell House easily stands out. Our room was charming, with lovely furnishings, plus nice products in the smart bathroom. The cooked breakfast would have fitted us for a day's walking in the beautiful countryside, rather than the gentle exploration of the historic town of Banbury for which it is so well located. Our host and hostess were incredibly warm and welcoming, with lots of good information to enhance our brief stay. As their 1000th guest we were entertained with a celebratory bottle of champagne - what more could one want?

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was a fantastic stay. Jan was lovely really friendly and I enjoyed the personal touches in the rooms with the homemade biscuits. It really was a home from home experience and would recommend it to friends/family if they needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Viersen, Germany
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We found a very nice B & B with airy and bright rooms that were very well equipped. The Breakfrast was rich and delicious. We had the best omelettes of our holiday in England there. On tonp of that our hosts were very nice people. It was fun to talk to you and you were very helpful. If we are back in your area, we will surely stay again with you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have been staying at Hanwell House coming up to 5 years. I am a regular customer, stay between 4 - 8 times per year, usually 1 or 2 nights. As you can see by the other reviews, Jan has got her act together, everything is just excellent!

Breakfast is extensive indeed, taking all your personal wishes into account. And it is fresh (unlike many hotels...).

Jan is very hospitable and will do what it takes and more. Very clean rooms, showers, bedrooms, toilets, dining room. No, you cannot go wrong here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed in Hanwell House for 8 weeks with two of my friends. Time in Hanwell House was a amazing. Jan and Nigel were the most nicest and kindest people I could ever imagine. They were there for us and taking care of us for eight weeks. I think my visit in Banbury would ever had been so good without them. They were like my parents over there. They had always answer for everything.

Their house Hanwell House was the best place to live for eight weeks. Our room was big and tidy and comfortable. Our room was cleaned almost every day. Beds were really good to sleep and bathroom was really tidy. I really felt like living at home over there. Whole house was so lovely and there was good to be. House was 10 minutes away from town and few minutes from pub and shop.

Next time when I will go to Banbury I will definetly stay at Hanwell House. Also I will give my warmest recommends to everyone who is planning to visit in Banbury. If you would like to have a good place to stay go to Hanwell House !

Jan and Nigel, Thank you for everything you did for me. I really miss you and I hope we will see you soon again, can't wait for that. You're like my english momma and pappa!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
名古屋
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Jan and Nigel made us feel at home during our stay even we were visiors from totally different culture. They shared a traditional English Christmas with us which was absolutly beautiful.
Excellent meals ( Jan's homemade), which was also unexpected !! Located in a small town, but convenient to go shopping, eat out etc...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business