“Best Restaurant in Town”

Zushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 225 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Every visit is top notch, a welcome addition to the town.
Food and service is excellent.
We recommend the South Korean dishes.
Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

My son and went here for lunch. We arrived slightly before some other people but got served after and our food took a lot longer to arrive. The other people had nearly finished theirs when our food arrived. We had ordered the vegetarian option from the basic lunch card. The waiting staff were quite helpful but also quite short. The long wait for what turned out to be a mixture of freshly made vegetarian tempura and pre prepared cucumber sushi , pre prepared sticky rice in egg parcels and a seasoned salad didn't help us like this place. There was also a cup of Miso soup. Mine was luke warm which did not help me to enjoy this meal. I asked for it to be warmed up and at one time it was almost as though the waitress was going to say no.
I cannot recommend this restaurant for service or food. Save your money and go to Wagamama next time you are in town.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

If you want to try somewhere that feels really special and authentically Oriental then this is the place for you. My wife and I were very impressed with the restaurant itself, the friendly and courteous staff and the delicious food. We had a shared starter platter, Uramaki Spider roll to share, Bulgogi main , Dolsot Bibimbap main. Exquisite flavours that you won't forget in a hurry. The prices including drinks were comparable with most other restaurants in the area (£55 all in for the two of us, including 2 or 3 beers), however the food and service were head and shoulders above most of the neighbouring restaurants. If you go here I strongly doubt you will be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Zushi is a much needed sushi oasis in the countryside. The restaurant is always neat and tidy with a great atmosphere, as it is often surprisingly busy even during the week. My wife and I have been many times and have never had a bad experience. There is usually two beautiful waitresses manning the place who deliver a wonderful high quality service, even our green tea has never ran out before being rapidly refilled. The food always comes quickly and has always been excellent. We have worked our way through the menu and have yet to find a dish that was not pulled off superbly. I would highly, highly recommend Zushi. If you have tried a chain sushi restaurant and now think you do not like sushi, come to Zushi and be shown how it is really done!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We visited the restaurant for dinner while passing through Banbury early on a Friday evening. What a good decision! The staff were friendly, welcoming, attentive and helpful, and the food was excellent. A wide variety of interesting dishes on the menu and all at a decent price. We couldn’t fault any aspect of the visit.