This was our second visit to the hotel which we used as a stop-over on route to Disneyland via the Euro-Star.
The moment we walked through the doors at reception the staff were welcoming, friendly, helpful and polite.
There were no queues at reception and our room was ready, so check in was fine.
Walking to our room it was apparent that there were smoking rooms still at this hotel which may please those smokers out there. As non-smokers the smell was really noticeable and really got to the back of your throat. Otherwise the corridors were clean and tidy.
The room was to the standard we remembered, clean, well furnished and well maintained. It was also a decent size. We had a double bed, an extra single bed and a sofa bed all out in the room but there was still ample floor space.
There was a kettle and complementary tea and coffee in the room. The TV had been upgraded since our last stay and there were better cable channels than what we remember from before. There was also a hair dryer and trouser press in the room.
The bathroom was clean and of a good standard and the shower and water pressure was excellent.
A part from pay-for-view movies there is not much to keep the children entertained so if you are thinking of staying here and have children, bring a portable DVD player with their own movies.
There is no swimming pool or anything here but the hotel is close by to Ashford’s town centre.
The location is excellent. Ashford International, the town centre, designer outlets, a large Sainsbury’s supermarket and a leisure centre are all within 10 minutes drives. We took the kids swimming down the road and a burger at McDonalds afterwards.
There are dining options available in the hotel including room service but it was around £10 for a burger meal option. (room service)
Check-out was not as smooth as check-in, with only one lady at the desk for a long queue. It took 15 minutes just to hand the key back and say we were checking out. To cut down on the check-out queues they should consider an express check-out service for those guests, like us, who did not have any charges and simply just wanted to go. Otherwise like on this occasion we were made to queue with those who had queries over charges or needed to pay room charges.
Otherwise we had a restful stay and we would absolutely consider staying again. From our research we concluded this was the best hotel to stay at in Ashford for our intended purpose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Ashford Central is ideally situated to meet the needs of both business and leisure travellers. The hotel is within easy reach of the Eurostar terminal at Ashford International Station, with links to Disneyland Paris. The hotel is also close to M20 Motorway, Canterbury, Eurotunnel Le Shuttle & Dover Ferry Port for City D'Europe. The hotel offers rooms ranging from Executive, Accessible to Family rooms which are all fully air-conditioned with high-speed Internet access in all the bedrooms, meeting rooms and lounge/lobby. The venue is licensed for civil weddings and can accommodate large parties up to 140 guests with a private bar. There are 6 meeting rooms with air conditioning & natural daylight available for small and large scale meetings. Holiday Inn Ashford Central provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including: Canterbury Cathedral, Leeds Castle, Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Romney & Hythe Dymchurch Railway & McArthur Glen Designer Shopping Outlet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Ashford - Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ashford - Central Hotel Ashford
- Ashford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ashford - Central Kent