“A very nice mini break.”

Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
London, England, United Kingdom
“A very nice mini break.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

From the time we got there we really made the most of it. Shopping in Ashford and an early dinner before chilling out in our room. The next day we went to Canterbury after a super breakfast. We had a good look round and took some great photos.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kathy M,

Thank you for providing such a positive 5 star review following your recent visit.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Ashford and packed so much into your trip.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Glyn Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was booked by work on my behalf and was perfectly convenient for my needs. Check-in was swift and friendly, and I was in my room within minutes - a ground floor room which overlooked a quad/courtyard.

The room itself was clean, but very dated looking and a bit tired in places - definitely not my taste. The room featured everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn, a hospitality tray with basic tetley tea, instant coffee sticks and milk cartons, a couple of toiletry items in the bathroom and that's about it. There was a Corby Trouser Press in the wardrobe, which I think is a sign of the hotel's age, rather than a innovative feature of the room.

Wi-Fi in this hotel is NOT free unless you are a IHG Rewards Club, Club, Gold or Platinum Member. It's quite expensive if you're not.

I had breakfast included in my rate. The breakfast was very average. I didn't think the quality of the breakfast items was all that good - cheap sausages, fatty bacon and white and watery scrambled egg that was either made from liquid egg or has an awful lot of milk added to it. The pastries however tasted a bit fresher.

Despite my comments above, I did sleep well on both nights and one thing worth mentioning is that the shower was very powerful.

If you get a good rate, then you'll have a perfectly acceptable stay here, however, do look around as there is a Premier Inn about half a mile away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear theskyandseas,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is lovely to hear you found the rooms clean and you were able to sleep well. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Prenton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel some time ago, and did so again because we could rely on the quality. If anything, it has improved with good clean rooms and very friendly staff. The bar food was very good and nicely presented. The breakfast is the usual buffet style, but instead of trays piled with lukewarm bacon, sausage etc. there were minimal amounts frequently replenished and therefore freshly cooked. It is sometimes said that so called corporate hotels such as this lack service and personality - this is not the case here and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaspydog322
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Jaspydog322,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to our hotel.

I am grateful for your comments as we constantly strive to deliver or where possible exceed our guest expectations and your positive feedback will motivate us all.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and your recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you once again.

Kind regards,

Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I wasn't sure how this place would be after reading the reviews but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The meals were a little on the expensive side and mixed quality but theres a big effort going into it and the fish and chips were excellent. However I wanted to write a review to say how great all the staff were. Help[ful, friendly and really dedicated in a way that was unexpected in this sort of chain hotel near a travel terminal. Really great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Matt A,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your comments which help us to review our services and make improvements wherever possible and your special mention of the hotel team’s dedication is highly motivating.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

West Midlands
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel due to its close proximity to the station for Eurostar next morning. It was more or less as expected but the staff and the food warrant four stars for being so good. The room was clean and the bed comfortable and it was generally quiet. Yes you can hear people passing and we heard someone walking around in the room above but it was minimal.

This isn't a destination hotel and could definitely do with some refurbishment but for one night it completely met our needs. Dinner was surprisingly good and whilst they had run out of something they managed to improvise and fulfill our order. Every member of staff we spoke to was friendly and helpful. It was a good start to our holiday.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear cher590,

Thank you for awarding your recent stay 4 stars.

We are always grateful to hear from our guests and appreciate you highlighting the team and restaurant, which is a great boost for them all.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again on a future visit to the area.

Kind Regards,

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked to stay here with my 4 year old little boy in a non smoking family room, we booked over the phone on the central reservation number & all details were taken & I was told a confirmation email would be sent....never arrived so I phoned back to be told the booking hadn't been completed so I rebooked.....so not a great start & I was reassured that the payment would not be taken twice.
The room was of a good size & the bed, pillows comfy.....if u are lucky enough to be able to sleep....after we were both kept up ALL night as we could hear everything in the room next door......the bathroom was dirty with long dark hair left in the bath.....far from impressed so spoke to the duty manager who saw the filth for himself....& according to him they have had lots of complaints about the thin walls this is because the room we had was a adjoining room with just a door between us.... & despite all the complaints they still have these rooms ??? I had a 4 hour drive with NO sleep at this needs to be looked at surely !!!
The only positive thing about this hotel is breakfast was lovely with a good selection.
For anyone who is disabled request a ground floor room as there are no lifts.
Payment was taken twice so from start to finish I am far from impressed & will not be going back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jogiles2103
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear jogiles2103,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadviser.

Unfortunately the advance purchase booking that you made through our central reservations was booked twice due to their misspelling of your surname. When you brought this to the hotel’s attention the second booking was refunded to your card.

The room you were allocated turned out to be adjoining a room with a poorly child, who was up throughout the night coughing. With the added voices from the parents trying to calm the child this sadly caused you to have an interrupted night.

Once I was made aware, I rang you to apologise and make amends for your stay. We do not normally receive complaints about this room but are very sorry that you were disturbed.

There can be no excuse for lapses in our housekeeping, which has been shared with the housekeeper and her team so that appropriate action can take place.

As discussed when we spoke, I would like to invite you to stay again at which time all will be done to show you that this is not the norm for this hotel.

Regards,

Glyn Jones

Travellers are raving about these Ashford hotels

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Rooms are well kept, clean and spacious. Everyone at the hotel are very friendly and look like they enjoy their job.

Room was 223 was just above the air con units so blocked out any noise in and out including the birds singing.

Food - Got my main before the starter so asked to have my starter first, they took back the main and when it came back it was cold so can only assume it wasn't re-done and just left there. Chips cold, hot dog cold to the point the sauce, mustard, cheese and pulled pork had congealed.

Real shame - I had heard good things about the food from my colleagues and feel rather let down.

Room Tip: Only stayed in room 223. It's at the back of the hotel so quiet but maybe because any noise in a...