“Three star accommodation ”

Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Bristol
“Three star accommodation ”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Large room, a bit dated - damp musty smell. Friendly barman made up for the gloomy interior. Breakfast good, staff very friendly. No gym or fitness room. Plenty of free parking. Ok for a one night stop. Trying to get to 200 characters, hopefully this will do it!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

All of our bedrooms are audited on a very regular basis to ensure that our cleanliness and condition are maintained to the highest standard, so I was very disappointed to learn we let you down. I will certainly address these issues with my Housekeeping Manager.

I was so pleased that you found our bar staff to be friendly, and hope that this helped make your stay more comfortable whilst away from home.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to place your review, and I hope you will return to us when you are next in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed 4 days at the hotel the staff were very friendly and well informed the rooms were clean and tidy the breakfasts and meals we had were good and well cooked .We had no problems with this hotel and will use it again when we are in the area.Many thanks to all the staff keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
WOW, what a great review !!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, and we are all so pleased that you enjoyed your 4 day stay with us.

It’s not very often in this day and age that people actually take the time to write such nice things, so I know all my staff will be thrilled to read your comments.

I’m so pleased you will return to us when next visiting the area, when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you once again.
Wiltshire
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here overnight for the Eurostar with a family ( five). Ideal location for station with Taxi service as part of their Eurostar package which includes breakfast. Breakfast was excellent, even providing Gluten free options for my 2 daughters. Room really nice, clean, comfortable, loads of safe parking. We booked using the Central reservations service who messed it up completely so shame on them, and it wasn't obvious until we checked in, but both Kelly & Charlotte sorted it out with no fuss or hassle - they were brilliant so a big thank you to both of them - Head Office take note - they are both a credit....Also staff serving the breakfast couldn't have been more helpful. Would definitely stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick M
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice comments, and I know all members of my team will be thrilled to read such positive feedback.

I’m delighted that you found the hotel to be in an excellent location for your trip, and that you experienced a wonderful check in experience from both Kelly and Charlotte.

I was also pleased that our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast gave you a great start for your journey, and I hope you had a lovely time.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Normally use the Ashford North H.I. when I'm using the tunnel, but thought I'd give this one a go instead. Location is fine, and nothing to choose between them in terms of the room. I think the staff at North give that one the edge for me. If like me you couldn't find anything on the menu you fancy, there is a Harvester literally across the road. If it's really busy like it was when I went, they give you a pager to let you know when there's a table available, and it works back in the H.I. reception.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Glyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford - Central, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for placing your review of our hotel, and I’m so pleased you chose to stay with us before your trip through the Euro Tunnel. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are travelling this way again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. I hope you will consider returning to us in the near future and thank you again for your review.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel needs a good lick of paint. Our disabled room was ok but it was like a rabbit warren of corridors to get there. The bar wasnt airconditioned. Had a good meal in resteraunt. There was a drunken disturbance in the early hours. It was not stopped quickly. Over all i would not use this hotel again. The qhotel international is just up the road and is better

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for placing your review, and I’m so pleased you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant I was disappointed to learn of the disturbance you encountered, and would offer my sincere apologies for this. I hope you will reconsider visiting us again, when you will be made most welcome. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Reasonably nice hotel and a comfortable stay. my only criticism of the room was that we had no cups for te/coffee however the staff on the reception were rude and unhelpful when we had a booking. we asked for management to get in touch with us but they didn't bother or the staff didn't bother to pass it on and then on check out they tried to charge us twice!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EliseJ83
Thank you for placing your review and I’m so pleased you had a comfortable stay with us. As the General Manager for this hotel, I was most concerned to learn that you did not receive a telephone call from a member of the management team as promised, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this. I am in the process of carrying out a full and thorough investigation into this matter with those members of staff concerned. I hope you will give us the opportunity of restoring your confidence in us by visiting us again when you are next in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are travelling this way again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. Thank you again for your review.
Durham
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Generally in a good accessible location but not one of the chain's best hotels. The restaurant service was disappointing with not enough staff in the restaurant to provide a good service. It was particularly 'scrappy' service at breakfast with staff that were hassled and snappy with customers. The tables were littered with used pots and crockery and the food was not replenished. When asked about getting a fried egg, I was told by the supervisor that there were scrambled eggs - I was certainly given short shrift! At dinner the service was slow but one young waitress from Birmingham was extremely helpful. We passed these comments on to reception but don't feel any note was taken of our comments.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and I’m so pleased you found our location suitable for your travelling needs. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your disappointing restaurant experience – there can be no excuse for any of our valued and loyal guests not to receive a truly Great Experience when they visit us, and I will certainly be speaking to the staff who were on duty . Thank you for your kind comments about one of our waitresses who was so helpful, I know she will be thrilled with your comments, and I will ensure her Head of Department is made aware also. Once again I am very sorry for your disappointing visit, but hope you will consider returning to us when you are next visiting the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Ashford International Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
The Conningbrook Hotel
The Conningbrook Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennington

Been to Holiday Inn Ashford - Central? Share your experiences!