“Very Relaxing”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
United Kingdom
“Very Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for a long Easter weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a wedding to attend nearby, hence the stay. The hotel has been refurbished and I must say I approve! Our room was lovely, however, if I would say anything against this, it would be the interconnecting door to the next room. We could hear the family next door who had children and although happy children, we could have done without the noise. And we could hear what was being said by the father/children.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olive H
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Olive H
Many thanks for your review and I’m pleased to hear you approve of the décor. The maintenance team are always working hard to ensure the hotel is in tip top condition. I’m sorry that you could hear the guests in the room next door. Going forward, if you would prefer a room without an interconnecting door, please let us know when you make your booking and we’ll make a note. Thanks again and I hope you’ll visit us again in the future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

It was more motel than hotel, and the rooms were modern, but nothing flash.
We stayed there so we would be a short drive to the train station in the morning so we could drop our car off and get on the train easily.
We booked two rooms (there was six of us), but they put the two rooms down either end of the motel, and with kids, meant we had to split up overnight. It was fine, but inconvenient. Check in and check out was efficient, as was breakfast in the motel restaurant. Room service is limited, and there is nowhere to buy things like milk in the motel. There is a large supermarket within walking distance from the hotel, but when we came it was closed, so check timings.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear TheJohnsonSix
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit in September last year. I’m sorry to hear that your rooms were allocated so far apart as we always do our best to ensure we allocate families as close as possible. The Sainsbury’s supermarket next door is open 24 hours a day Monday – Saturday and 10am – 4pm on Sundays. However we would be happy to provide a jug of fresh milk for teas and coffees on request. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My son and I booked a room for an overnight stop before heading to the Outlet Centre and then onto Dover for our journey home.

The hotel is very easy to find and conveniently close to the motorway turnoff. There is a retail park and large supermarket in close proximity.

We arrived late but we able to park close to the entrance in the free car park. Reception check in was extremely fast and efficient. Staff very helpful.

Reception area was very spacious and relaxing with seating areas, coffee shop, bar etc.

Our room was on the ground floor in an arm off the reception area. It was spotlessly clean, very large and with great facilities. The bathroom was very modern, bath over shower, great quality towels. The bedroom had two comfortable chairs and a footstool to relax with, a large desk, separate tea/coffee making area and a very comfortable bed.

The soundproofing and light proofing were excellent. We had a great sleep thankfully after our previous night in a different hotel which left us both really exhausted and unable to complete our full journey home.

Breakfast time was extended due to the bank holiday so we were able to rest longer in the morning.

Breakfast itself was superb. The staff were very attentive and as well as a continental and British option on offer there was also a menu on the table with options that could be cooked to order. Tea and coffee orders were taken as soon as we were seated.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will definitely use as a stopover again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear notkeepingmum
Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and the team. I’m delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you found the hotel conveniently located. There are also some great attractions and days out to be had in Kent. The team really enjoyed reading your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Alconbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I Stayed at this hotel from the15th to the 16th March 2014 and was very disapointed with the room and the response to our concerns while we were there. My daughter and I arrived early on the 15th and although we could not access the room or sign in the young man on reception was very helpful advising us where we could get a coffee etc.

We later signed in and were given the keys to our accessible room (my dughter is disabled and in a wheelchair). As we walked along the corridoor to our room we were aware of a damp moist smell and as we entered the room the smell was stronger and the room itself was freezing cold. We tried the directions on the heating but still there was no warmth and the smell got stronger. Before going to dinner at 7pm we advised reception that the room was unacceptably cold and damp. The receptionist advised us that housekeeping would sort it out before our return. We returned later that evening to find that sorting it out meant a noisy fan heater on the dressing table and the dampness even worse, the smell now infiltrating our clean clothes.

Despite the problems we settled down for the night after showering in what was supposed to be accessible but was merely a normal bath with a section of the bath panel taken out and a door inserted in its place. A seat was fitted in the bath but was totally unacceptable as it was opposite the shower and I had to help my daughter to shower. We had a sleepless night as the noise from the fan heater was loud but had we turned it off the room would have been freezing cold.

Worthy of comment is the breakfast at the hotel. The staff were cheerful and helpful and the breakfast menu was extensive. Apart from delivery of the coffee it was self serve which meant there was the occasional queue but it was well worth the wait. There was a good choice of hot and cold food and items were replenished regularly.I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast which I was allowed to eat at leisure and in the warmth of the restaurant. Well done to the restaurant staff.

I did hear from other guests that the spa and swimming pool facilities were good but due to time and other commitments I did not get around to using it.

After a night at the hotel we were tired, our clothes were infused with dampness and my daughter had developed an allergic rash on her leg which had to be treated with antihistamines for a week after returning home. On returning the keys I advised the reception staff of my complaints and of my daughters allergic reaction to something in the room. While I was speaking two other young women arrived with the same rash as my daughter and it transpired they were staying in the same corridor as us. The reception staff advised us that they would have housekeeping look into the matter and advise us of the outcome. I advised reception that we would be at the hotel until 5pm as we were attending a conference and would appreciate feedback before we left.

I heard no more untill the 18th March when I received a 'without prejudice' email explaining how clean and hygenic their bed linnen was. It did not address my complaints about the room nor did it show that they were investigating the cause of the rash any further (the source must be the hotel as three independent guests were suffering from it!!!!!).

Apart from breakfast and the restaurant staff I was totally disatisfied during and after my stay and will not recomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Sheila H

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m sorry to hear that your daughter developed a rash and that you experienced issues with the heating and shower in your accessible room. We haven’t received any reports of rashes before so naturally we launched a detailed investigation. We found that all 3 cases had attended a fitness event and the bedrooms were all located in separate areas of the hotel. We were assured by our linen supplier that a non-bio detergent is used which doesn’t contain enzymes that can cause irritation to people with sensitive skin. All our linen is also delivered to the hotel wrapped to ensure hygiene levels are maintained. With regards to your room, we are due to have the bathrooms in our 3 accessible rooms refurbished from next week for approximately 3 weeks. They will have sloping floors which will ensure water from the shower drains away properly. I have had our Maintenance Manager check the heating system in the room also and it is currently working normally. Once again I’m sorry that you didn’t fully enjoy your stay, however on a positive note, I’m pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast. I do hope you will visit again once the rooms have been completed and we can restore your confidence. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have stayed at the Ashfield international hotel afew times before and have never had an issue ever. The whole Q hotels group are very pleasant in fact.
The food in the restaurant is excellent the atmosphere is relaxing just what you need for a quick weekend away highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Cripvw
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Cripvw
Thank you for your lovely review and I’m pleased that you have always enjoyed your stays at Ashford International Hotel and with the QHotels Group. Each of the 21 QHotels has something different to offer whether it’s a city break or an escape to the countryside, but we all pride ourselves on delivering an experience tailored to you. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights as a delegate on a Charity conference.

The hotel was very good and the staff were very helpful and exceedingly friendly.

The rooms were to a high standard and also there is free wifi which is a plus.

Catering was excellent with friendly staff and good food.

Overall I was very impressed and I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HullPhil
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear HullPhil
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us. I do hope you will visit again in the future and take time to explore some of the beautiful Kent countryside and attractions. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel last week with my maid of honour (the night before my wedding). She treated me to the spa package and I have to say it was brilliant. I felt really pampered and relaxed. The facilities are really modern and staff are lovely. We also had an evening meal which was really nice. The room was also spacious and modern. Couldn't have picked a better place for the night before the big day.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Laura H
Dear Laura H
Thank you for your review and many congratulations on your recent wedding! I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing spa break before the big day. My very best wishes to you both and I hope you will return to enjoy a break away together in the near future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Premier Inn Ashford (Eureka Leisure Park) Hotel
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!