“Weekend Stay”

Ashford International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed last bank holiday as a quick escape from the kids.

Before staying we went to GoApe, which was great.

We arrived at and were checked in by a friendly and efficient member of staff. The main reason we chose this hotel was due to our experience at three other Q Hotels and the quality of the pool area as seen on the website.

We weren't disappointed. The pool and Jacuzzi were lovely. There is also a steam room, sauna, and thermal beds. A really calm and generally nice place. We had the added benefit of it being very quiet when we were there. (only note is that the towels aren't great quality and you need £1 for the lockers)

The rooms were well kitted out. Reasonable size TV with many channels. The bed was really comfortable and the corridor was quiet. The bathrooms are a good size, tastefully decorated but a little dark.

Breakfast the next morning was good. A buffet of hot and cold choices - though the quality was actually very good.

Overall, the hotel was great and we had a great rate. Having stayed at the Mercure in Maidstone, I would recommend Ashford International Hotel more.

This hotel is located near Eureka Park (walk-able) for some restaurants (not a great choice) and a short drive from Ashford Designer Outlet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam0701
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Sam0701
Thanks very much for your review and it’s a pleasure to read that you would recommend us ahead of the Mercure Maidstone! I’m pleased that you enjoyed the leisure facilities and yes, a £1 coin is needed for the lockers. I'm sorry to hear you felt the towels in the leisure club weren't great quality. We’ve recently ordered a new stock of towels for the leisure club and we will continue to review the situation and order more if necessary. I do hope you will get the chance to come and stay again; perhaps with the kids next time? Depending on their age, I’m sure they would love the Tree Top Junior Adventure at Leeds Castle’s Go Ape (age 6-12yrs). Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is far to expensive for what you get.
Staff is not really friendly and breakfast is really poor and not fresh.
I would look for a good Bed & Breakfast. For this rate you can get the best B&B with much better quality and service.

Dear Derk B
Thank you for you review and I’m sorry to hear that you don’t consider the hotel value for money. Please be assured our breakfast is always cooked fresh and we continually review our rates to ensure we remain competitive. The vast majority of reviews on this site praise the team for their friendliness and the quality of the breakfast. Please feel free to email me at dbilling@QHotels.co.uk with the date you stayed and I will be happy to investigate your feedback further. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and upgraded to a suite which was beautiful and very clean. The bed was firm but really comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent and offered a very good range of food, although if you get a sausage off the bottom row in the dish the sausages had to be ripped off the bottom of the dish and tended to tear. There were some bad points. We were advised it was an over bath shower which it wasn't. We actually had a tiny and very slippery cubicle. I also thought the toilet was rediculacy low to the ground although I am 6'5. The suites come with a free bottle of wine but they wouldn't provide an alcohol free alternative which was no good for us and a little surprising in this day and age. Also they have two lifts on the left of the entrance one of which I really can't imagine would pass a safety inspection. The doors close too fast and very firmly and don't respond when you put your arm out to stop them. When you do stop them shutting the lift suddenly drops an inch which is enough to knock you off balance. If you stay here stick to the lift with the LCD display above the door. If it wasn't for the dangerous lift I would have given 4 stars as it was much nicer than your average hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ArtShopWill
Many thanks for recently reviewing Ashford International Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the suite and the breakfast. We do have metal racks for the service dishes to prevent the food from sticking so I will ensure the kitchen are using these and thank you for bringing this to my attention. The junior suites have a bath / shower and the full suites have a separate bath and shower cubicle. If you would prefer a bath mat for the shower, these are available on request. The toilet is at the standard height. I’m sorry to learn that you were not offered an alcohol free alternative to the wine supplied with the suite. I have reiterated to the team that this is of course an option for anyone who would prefer a soft drink instead. With regards to the lifts, we have had one refurbished recently and we have the other lifts refurbishment planned this year. Rest assured however that both lifts are regularly maintained and meet all the required safety standards. Thanks again for your helpful comments and I hope you will choose to return again in the future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Me and my husband just returned from a 1 night spa package at this hotel. I can not express how impressed I was with this. The room was spacious, clean and modern. The pink fizz that welcomed us was lovely. The spa was relaxing and the treatments amazing. The food was fantastic too and there was loads includes in the package. The staff were definitely a highlight for me. They were exceptionally friendly and on hand for anything we needed. They are an asset to the hotel. The only 2 slight niggles we had were that the jacuzzi was on the small side and the coffee in the restaurant was not very nice but there is a bar in the Hotel that serves costa coffee so it was no big deal. All in all we have had an amazing weekend and am going to be recommending this hotel to everyone I know. Well done team on giving us a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Louisehamiltonramm
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear louisehamiltonramm
Many thanks for your lovely review and it’s great to hear you enjoyed your pink fizz spa break. I have shared your kind comments with the team and they were delighted to hear that they were a highlight for you. The coffee served at breakfast is Kenco Millicano so I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it. However I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and that you’ll be recommending us. Thanks again and kind regards, Deirdre Billing, General Manager.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely rooms with modern decor, nice extra touches, biscuits and bottled water in room and lovely toiletries, staff always polite and happy to help.
Breakfast was a treat but not the great breakfast options it used to be, ie eggs cooked fresh poached boiled etc pancakes too, when we stayed a few years ago this was a great plus , can understand some cuts are needed now days to survive though.
The pool and extras are fantastic a must try so pack your cossy and indulge.
A bit pricy as suggested in my title the coffee and drinks and snacks at the bar are somewhat overpriced, also the booking system needs a fast review, I will explain, I booked 4 nights for my mum a while back at easter and putting in all 4 nights stopped me getting the best pruce for each night, worked out a lot cheaper booking nights in a 2 nights block offer and two single nights, by a huge amount, when talking to management and explaining this they agreed it needed updating and sorting out as this caused overpricing when a better price was available for some of the nights. Also my mum has some walking issues was not taken in to account and she had a ground floor room but at the furthest point away you should be able to request special needs or requests when booking, overall a lovely well presented hotel with a few minor issues.. could be fantastic.

Room Tip: Room 128 was nice but a walk from the reception, if ok with stairs go for a top floor room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Chrissy D
Many thanks for your review and I’m pleased that you enjoyed your room, the leisure facilities and that the team were polite and helpful. We do still offer breakfast items cooked to order so please don’t hesitate to ask for these when you return. Regarding the booking system, without knowing exactly how you booked and on what rate it’s difficult to be specific, however the rates on our website quote the same rate every night based on the best rate available on your arrival date. It’s also possible that we had a 2 night promotional rate available so this came up when you entered 2 nights. Thanks again for your review and next time we’ll do our very best to get you a room closer to reception for your mum. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I spent the day here on a team away day. The room was a good size for the participants, refreshments were freshly made and plentiful. Toilets were a little way off - but not too far - would have been a little difficult if you had problems with using the stairs. Toilets were clean and did not smell. Staff were helpful. the only criticism was the air conditioning - it was not very efficient, the room had no outside windows, so the door to the corridor had to be left open to allow air flow to cool the room temperature down, not the best thing at times. To be fair - I don't think the organisers bought it to the attention of the hotel, so I don't know if the issue could have been resolved, but we were assured the air conditioner was on and was at its lowest level by the facilitator. Apart from this it was ok as a venue for a team away day.

Dear KentJulieb
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I’m pleased you found the team helpful. With regards to the AC, I’d be grateful if you could email me at dbilling@QHotels.co.uk with the room you were in just so I can ask maintenance to double check it. We also have a number of meeting rooms with natural daylight and some with windows overlooking the courtyard gardens. Thanks again and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Second stay at this hotel.
Staff very helpful from check in to check out.
Good selection of food, ate in bar. Comfortable bed in comfortable room,only disappointing thing was that the room I was in (241) was a long way from reception and rather dark as there were a lot of trees stopping the light coming in.

Dear Hyweld1
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. Going forward if you would prefer a room closer to reception, please don’t hesitate to request this when you make your reservation. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
The Conningbrook Hotel
The Conningbrook Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennington
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!