“Great for a weekend away”

Ashford International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My husband booked a last minute 'romantic break' on the Tuesday before our Friday arrival. He booked the package whereby you got champagne & chocolates & robes in the room.
We were in a standard room, no 301. The room was very tastefully decorated & was very comfortable, but next to the main doors on the top floor corridor so was a little noisy at times with people coming & going. The tea, coffee, biscuits & toiletries were replenished the following day.
The Friday evening our waiter Pawl was very attentive & nothing was too much trouble.
The spa area was very nice but as others have mentioned, the jacuzzi was small & really only comfortably seated 4. The only disappointing aspect about our stay was that there were no treatment slots left in the spa as it was fully booked, so we were unable to use our vouchers included in our package.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Karen H

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear that your stay was so enjoyable, I shall certainly pass on your kind comments with regards to Pawel in our Restaurant team. I am sorry to hear that there were no more available treatment slots in the spa, however we do recommend to book in advance as it can get very busy there. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Deirdre Billing General Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night unfortunately. The staff are so helpful, the decor us really vibrant and modern. The rooms are SO comfortable. We upgraded to QStar rooms- highly recommend it!!! Great added extras!! The gym aS also great- more than I'd expect from a hotel especially at the great price we paid (booking directly with the hotel)
If we are ever back in this area we will definitely stay here and will absolutely look out for Q hotels in the future!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lindsk72

Many thanks for recently reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time during your stay with us, and that you found our staff so helpful. We hope to welcome you back in the future, and hopefully you will have the chance to stay in other Q Hotels! Kind regards, Deirdre Billing General Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked just a night away as I wanted a mini spa break and a shopping outlet. When we got there we asked to pay for an upgrade and they had none left so we had the normal room. I expected it to be very standard but the room was lovely, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom lovely, there were mini sofas and a table in the corner - basically a oversized standard room which was great.

The are is nice, we found a lovely restaurant nearby that didnt dissapoint and also went to the outlet in the day which was nice. The hotel had a cool bar with a pool table which we enjoyed playing and also the breakfast was amazing, probably the best hotel breakfast ive ever had!

The only downsides to this hotel were that the walk to the room was quite long and also the jacuzzi is pretty pathetic. Theres a huge pool, a good sized steam room and sauna and then this piddly little jacuzzi that fits about 2 people in and is really outdated - this really needs changing as I like to relax in jacuzzis all the time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Luke C

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent stay with us. It is great to hear your stay was so enjoyable, especially your experience at breakfast which we tend to have a lot of positive reviews on! We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I used to stop at this hotel frequently when I was working in the area. It's located in a convenient place, just off the M20. This is the first time I've been back for a few years.

It was just as I remember. Clean, quiet, spacious, and decorated and fitted out to a high spec. In fact I know someone who ordered the same mattress Q Hotels use, as he had such a good nights sleep!

I didn't dine in the restaurant so can't comment on it's offerings. Breakfast which was fine although the coffee was flavourless brown water.

Overall a pleasant experience. Next time I'm in the area I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms on the inside as they are noise free.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Simon B

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us. Thank you for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated and I am glad that you had a pleasant experience staying with us again. Thank you for your comments with regards to the coffee, we serve Kenco Millicano and I will share your comments with our new Restaurant & Bars Manager. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My Moh booked my group of Hens (10 of us) to stay here and have a spa weekend, we had fantastic treatments in the spa leaving everyone feeling amazing, very polite and experienced staff and nothing was of any trouble, as this continued through the whole Hotel, they couldn't do anything more to meals our stay as wonderful as they did! Very personal service give to myself as the Bride to be! There was 3 Hen parties and 2 weddings at the time and none of us at any point clashed!! And again the staff were always available!! When going to check in my mum had a problem with her room and it was very quickly resolved and rooms changed! A Personal service from Gemma especially who was very sweet and pleasant! They set up a private room for us to have our movie night we felt like VIPs was absolutely Fantastic! Couldn't recommend this Hotel enough Fab Fab Fab!!!
From a very happy Bride To Be x

Room Tip: There all lovely rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Kayley S
Many thanks for your lovely review and it’s great to hear your hen party was so enjoyable. I’m pleased to hear the team gave you the VIP treatment and I have shared your kind comments with them including Gemma who was delighted to have been acknowledged by name in your review. We wish you both all the best with your forthcoming wedding and I hope you will both return in the near future. Thanks again and kind regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Had a great experience at Ashford International Hotel, a very good spa deal and will probably go again. Drinks a little overpriced, but the rooms were very comfortable, food was good and plentiful and the treatment was bliss!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear LDunleavy
Thanks for your review and it’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay. We regularly review our bar prices to ensure we remain competitive with other local hotels. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights for my cousin's wedding and really enjoyed myself. Breakfast was really good each morning. I had a thai curry for dinner, which was really tasty. Cocktails are nothing special and a bit over priced for what they are. I used the gym facilities, which were good! Fault is that TV did not work and I phoned reception twice, yet they still did not do anything about it. It would have been nice if the receptionists had said "I hope you enjoyed your stay" when we left, just to make us feel special, but this was not the case. Bed was very comfy and the room was clean! Wanted to use the spa, but fully booked, so you must book in advance for that!

Wedding was really nice, all staff were friendly! Nice venue, we all had a really good time so thank you to everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessknightt

Dear JessKnightt
Many thanks for your review and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and the facilities. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with reception and I have shared your comments with the Reception Manager to address. I’d be grateful if you could email me at dbilling@QHotels.co.uk with your room number just so I can ensure the TV is working properly. Overall though I hope this didn’t spoil your enjoyment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ashford International Hotel very soon. Kind Regards Deirdre Billing, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Travelodge Ashford
Travelodge Ashford
#6 of 8 in Ashford

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!