We have just spent 2 nights at the hotel for my boyfriend's birthday and had a fantastic stay. We arrived early (about 45mins before check in time) but this was no problem and the young man on reception was very efficient and friendly. I had booked a QStar room for a little touch of luxury and wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and large and very pink & purple! I loved it! The drinks tray that we paid for in the QStar room was great and nicely chilled in the fridge and was refilled the next morning which we didn't realise would happen and so checked at reception but apparently this is correct which makes it even better value for money! Lovely to come back to your room and have a nice chilled drink before dinner. We ate in the restaurant on our first night, firstly having a cocktail at the bar. Our waitress was Angela who was very friendly and excellent at her job. The food was really nice - it was included with our package and beat the expectations that I had. The wine, although very nice, seemed a little expensive but I am guessing this is hotel prices. My boyfriend used the gym which he enjoyed and said was really good whilst I had a spa treatment. The relaxation room was roomy and perfect to relax in before the treatment, I had the rebalancing treatment which was amazing and I have to say the facial was the best I have ever had - all thanks to Harley who did my treatment. It was well worth the money and a perfect treat! Both my boyfriend and I used the swimming pool which was great, the only slight negative is that the jacuzzi is small and is always full! We did however manage to use it for a few minutes on our last day and was lovely - as were the heated loungers, perfectly relaxing after a busy day walking round Port Lympe!
We had read a previous review stating there were restaurants & cinema in Eureka Park nearby, we walked there on our second night (a 10min walk through Sainsburys car park and over the foot bridge) and had a nice meal at Chiquito.
The breakfast at the hotel was lovely and had a huge choice.
We had a fantastic stay and thoroughly enjoyed it, all the staff we came across were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. We would certainly love to come for another relaxing weekend away. Thank you for a lovely weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ashford International Hotel is located close to J9 of the M20 motorway and minutes from the Eurostar terminal, Channel Tunnel and only 36 minutes from London. The hotel boasts 19 state-of-the-art conference rooms and 179 sumptuous bedrooms. The hotel has a contemporary brasserie style restaurant Horizon, Costa Coffee and the more informal sports bar with pool table, Quench. Leisure and Spa facilities feature a 20m indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, Technogym, relaxation suite and six beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ashford International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashford Hotel International
- Ashford International Hotel Kent