“Visiting the spa facilities”

Ashford International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Used the facilities and overall ok. The changing rooms are quite small with no facility for a private change. There are 3 showers and one for disabled with a large cannister on the wall with shampoo/bodywash in it. Towels were provided on arrival. There is no mirror in the shower/changing area so you have to walk up to another part of the changing room for the hairdryers (only 2) and a mirror. There was a dirty broom and a spray bottle (of some kind) left in the changing room and no emergency buttons were visable should you have needed assistance. For a 4 star hotel i think the facilities could have been cleaner and perhaps some nice touches like tissues, complimentry hand wash and handcream.
The pool area is again quite small but it was clean. The jacuzzi is very small but worked well although you need to wait approx 10 mins between sessions. Sauna and Steam Room was good.
The heated loungers were nice but only one was working and a regular who i spoke to.
said it had been like that for sometime.
Nice facilities in the hotel and may book again.

Stayed: October 2010
GuestRelations11, Guest Relations Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Dear Jandmwestkent
Thank you for your constructive review. I am pleased that overall our facilities met with your satisfaction and that you would consider returning. I was disappointed to learn of the shortfalls you experienced with some aspects of the leisure club. Please accept my apologies and be assured I have taken your comments onboard. I have liaised with the Leisure Club Manager to correct the issues where action is required. If you would like to discuss these actions in greater detail, please email me at lhumphries@QHotels.co.uk. On a more positive note, I am pleased that you enjoyed the sauna and steam room. Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we will get the opportunity to restore your confidence in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed at the Ashford International on a tour with about 100 other people. Our room was very nice, the breakfast was wonderful and every one of the staff did all they could to accomodate any request. There is a supermarket next to the hotel that is very convenient if you need to buy extra items or need things which you forgot to pack.
The location is about 2 hours south of London but on the high speed train it is only about 40 minutes and you're in the heart of London.

Stayed: September 2010

Dear Tier1
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay at Ashford International Hotel and that our staff were accommodating. It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the team. Thank you once again and I hope we get to welcome you back to England and Ashford International Hotel again in the future. Kind Regards Louise Humphries, Customer Relations

Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed here for a wedding. Although the food was good and the staff friendly and efficient other things let it down. Housekeeping was below expected standards, the rooms wer obvioudly not chrck by a supervisor after being cleaned/tidied each day. Ther were no direction signs to the rooms when you exit the lifts. They were to be found around a corner. The person who designed the hotel decor is either colourblind or a manic depresive, in my opinion the colour choices were totally bizarre.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Wanderer065
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Ashford International Hotel. The standard of your room is of particular concern to me and I would be grateful if you would email me at lhumphries@QHotels.co.uk with your room number so I can investigate. Thank you as well for your opinion on our colour scheme, I’m sorry it’s not to your taste. However I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and that our staff were friendly and efficient. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

my wife and i stayed at hotel in septemberfor 5 days. we found the room to be very nice and large, the bed was very comfortabe, there were plenty of towels in bathroom. free bottles of water.( i think they were free, nobody told us. we did,nt touch them in case we were charged for them) . our breakfast was include in the price of our room so we ate every morning. we ate enough to last us until the evening which i liked because food can cost a lot when eating out. we spent the days visiting various areas such as hastings , eastborne and canterbury among others. the hotel was just in the right place to vist these places. also close to moterway and railway links. just a couple of things on the downside for us personally. the price of the food and drink. £13.75 or there abouts for fish and chips seems expensive to me, others might not, and £3.40 for a pint of beer again seems expensive. we found a pub just down the road where both my wife and i had a meal and a drink each for a total cost of around £14.00. also nobody seemed to tell you anything unless you asked, for instance, you can get 2 hours free hifi internet
access in your room, but you have to have a voucher with a password, nobody told me this until i asked how i could get the internet. also we were members of the gym while we were guests, we was not told that either, although this information was in the booklet in your room, but it would be nice perhaps to be told this when you check in. overall though we found the hotel to be pleasant, the staff friendly , and helpful when needing help of advise. i would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations11, Guest Relations Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2010

Dear Lazza10

Thank you for your detailed review. I am delighted you found the hotel ideally located for exploring the beautiful Kent and Sussex countryside and that your room was comfortable. The bottled water in the room is complimentary. Taking your comments on board, I have reminded the reception team to explain to guests on arrival that they do have complimentary use of the leisure club and wifi access.
The prices of our food and drinks are comparable with our local competitors in the area and we regularly undertake price comparisons to ensure we remain competitive. Chef’s fish and chips are one of the most ordered items on the menu, made with homemade tartar sauce and battered with locally produced Spitfire ale.
Thank you once again for your positive review and for recommending us.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

The room we had was very nice, well decorated and extremley comfortable. However, the common areas of the hotel were tired, shabby and a bit grubby. Generally, Q hotels are of a very good quality but this hotel was a bit disapointing. Breakfast was no more than adequate. Food was cold,fruit juice was warm, and the bacon was poor quality. Dishes were not replenished, jam
served in open dishes. None of it looked appealing.
I was charged £14 for 2 phone calls lasting about 6 minutes each ( both Uk off peak) which seemed exorbitant.
I really like this chain of hotels, so, to be fair, I can only assume that this is just one of their weaker ones.

• Stayed: September 2010

Dear Robined21

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Ashford International Hotel. I am pleased that the bedroom met with your satisfaction however I was saddened to learn that you found this hotel disappointing compared with other QHotels. Your comments have been taken onboard and actioned constructively with the team. The team members who let our operation down on this occasion all wish to be associated with this apology.
I would be grateful if you could contact me personally with your room number to lhumphries@QHotels.co.uk and I will be happy to look into the telephone charges made to your account.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

I booked an overnight packed with qhotels to stay at the ashford. I was lucky to have been helped by a nice lady called Charlotte who went out of her way to help.
When we arrived at the hotel - the outside didnt look as nice but I was still hopeful, when we entered it was breath taking, very modern, very equip. Was met by a nice and helpful receptionist.
We had our facials done which was fab - our rooms were ready by 1pm which was a bonus.
The spa is quite basic. Restrarant was modern, food was lovely, waitress was on the ball. Overall it was a great break. Cannot fault it at all.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear YAKPEBU

Thank you for your lovely comments and Charlotte is naturally delighted to have been mentioned in your review.
I am pleased that you found the facilities modern and the food was to your liking. In 2007 QHotels invested £11million to refurbish all aspects of the hotel and £2.5million alone was dedicated to the leisure and spa.
Thank you once again and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Stayed overnight here, but were going to a wedding reception elsewhere. Check-in friendly quick and efficient. Delightful room (King Deluxe), colourful, spacious, all mod cons, incl towel robes, nice selection of teas/coffees/biscuits etc. Nice bathroom, but whoever designed the flush to be behind the tall loo seat should be shot! Room overlooked courtyard which was nice 'n' peaceful. Used the pool for a short while, but busy with a mix of guests and ladies on a spa day. Nice changing rooms facilities etc. Breakfast the following morning was great with good selection of hot buffet food - only food bit we checked out!. Good selection of fruit juices, fruit, yogurt etc. Bit of a delay getting us our tea/coffee and milk on table seemed to be off, but that was quickly replaced. Friendly waitresses. Checkout was ok, but slight delay due to only 1 member of staff at time who was busy cashing up another invoice! Did keep apologising though. Only blot was the delay in getting the champagne & chocs we had ordered to be in our room when we arrived, (was our wedding anniversary!), then bringing the wrong bottle, then trying to compensate with robes filter coffees and hot choc sachets - all of which were in the room anyway!! Doh! They did slip a card under our door later, (once they knew it was our anniversary), which was a nice touch! But all a minor blip that didn't ruin our stay and would likely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Cyprus_Virgins

Many thanks for your review and I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been taken on board and addressed with the breakfast and reception teams. At the same time I am pleased that you would like to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you when you do.
Louise Humphries, Customer Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel
Premier Inn Ashford (Eureka Leisure Park) Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!