“A Diversity Challenge”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ashford
Kent
“A Diversity Challenge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

The venue was comfortable and mostly compatible to our needs, however and sadly a huge and my only disappointment was the hotel Disability facilities, these compounded and complicated every aspect of any/every impaired persons independence, you could`nt get all wheelchairs through the Disabled facilities doorway, and there were 4 doors, there was no thought or reasoned consultation even in basic needs, human rights, hygienic and/or otherwise, being disabled at this particular hotel meant being isolated and shoved to the back of this very modern building, treated as if contagious, there were no emergency pull `help` cords and it would appear a general policy of `out of sight out of mind` to the affluent punter or, simply disabled people not welcome.
Which totally shocked me for a hotel whose business is mainly conferences, our business was diversity and equality based. If this hotel were to have decent and accessible disability facilities, where the independence and dignity of people and their carers were not compounded and affronted, this hotel truely would be the place for `all` conferences, it could proudly and cleanly advertise this and, be one of the few hotels particularly in Kent/UK to boast of being a truely modern and fit for `any` purpose hotel.
there is plenty of room for appropiate disabled facilities and no excuse not to have these.
Does the question of `no pets` include dogs for the blind/visually impaired?
Would i recomend this hotel?, maybe this should ask, `would i recomend this hotel to a friend who is disabled, or just my friends who arent disabled?

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
GuestRelations11, Guest Relations Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Dear Welltravelled2020

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that overall you had a comfortable stay with us however I was saddened to hear how you feel about our disabled facilities. At QHotels we endeavour to provide the same high quality service and facilities to all our guests. Our purpose built accessible rooms have emergency pull cords that link directly to reception from both the bedroom and the bathroom. As do the public facilities which are located on the ground floor along the conference room corridor and near the leisure club. We are also a pet friendly hotel and allow dogs for blind/visually impaired guests to stay free of charge. In our reception area we proudly display a gold award certificate from the Ashford Access Group. If you would like to contact me personally by emailing lhumphries@QHotels.co.uk, we have a comprehensive accessibility policy and I will be more than happy to discuss this with you in greater detail. We take our customers comments very seriously and the comfort of our guests is paramount. Kind Regards Louise Humphries, Customer Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

We stayed here overnight before catching the Eurostar to EuroDisney the next morning, with our three young kids. check-in was swift and well handled. Our two rooms - next to each other, were well laid out, nice colours and with good bathrooms. For the price, they were excellent. Our kids room was the executive style - a little more but then heavily discounted as they were kids. It was a bargain, and we could all have slept in there!!
Before dinner we had a drink at th bar and had to wait ages as there was only one person serving, with loads waiting and the barman was doing waiting orders too. Really frustrating. We used the restaurant for dinner (as the hotel is miles from anywhere!). The lighting was overly harsh - a shame as it's not a bad room and it was almost full. Sadly the service suffered from understaffing, like the bar. They were all very nice peole, but just trying to do too much. the food was tasty and well priced. But 2 hours for a starter and main course with three tired kids was too long. My red wine was delivered after I'd finished my main course!! Shame. However, we'd definitely stay there again as it ticked alll the boxes generally, was great value for money - they just need to look at staffing numbers.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
GuestRelations11, Guest Relations Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Dear jw6969

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m pleased that you found your stay great value for money and that your check-in was well handled. Please accept my apologies for the service shortfalls you experienced in the restaurant and be assured your comments have been shared with the Restaurant Manager to ensure we maintain our high levels of service. However it is encouraging to hear that you would stay with us again and I hope we can restore your confidence next time.

Kind Regards
Louise Humphries, Customer Relations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Check in was comfortable, easy and quick. Internet is only allowed over 2 hours from the reception desk.
Sleep quality was very good. Rooms were quiet, well designed, great colours. Breakfast was good and nice to eat.
Recommend to stay for business trips.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dear smehta123
Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you found our hotel ideal for your business trip and that you would recommend us to other business travellers. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Kind Regards
Louise Humphries, Customer Relations
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

I have just come back from a business trip and i stayed in this hotel. I would have to say I loved the hotel, but the only thing that lets it done is the location. It is quite literally in the middle of nowhere, there is a Sainsburys next door, but that it about it. I never seen a single bus stop there, so to get to the hotel you will need to drive or get a cab (and there is guest parking, but I do not know if it is free).
The hotel has a quench bar, with a Costa Coffee franchise, large conference rooms a spa with great health and beauty treatments and a swimming pool.
The staff were very helpful and polite, when it was time for me to leave they had my bags ready for me by the door with the cab driver there ready and waiting even though I didn't ask as yet. I was very impressed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
GuestRelations11, Guest Relations Manager at Ashford International Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Lady1_9
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Ashford International Hotel. It’s great to hear that you loved our hotel and that the staff were helpful and polite. With regards to our location, we are 1.5 miles, 4 min drive or a 20 minute walk from the town centre. Busses do run from the Sainsbury’s next door and the bus stop is to the right of the front entrance. Car parking at the hotel is free of charge for hotel customers. I hope you find this information helpful and that when you next stay in Ashford, you will consider coming back to stay with us.
west kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Used the facilities and overall ok. The changing rooms are quite small with no facility for a private change. There are 3 showers and one for disabled with a large cannister on the wall with shampoo/bodywash in it. Towels were provided on arrival. There is no mirror in the shower/changing area so you have to walk up to another part of the changing room for the hairdryers (only 2) and a mirror. There was a dirty broom and a spray bottle (of some kind) left in the changing room and no emergency buttons were visable should you have needed assistance. For a 4 star hotel i think the facilities could have been cleaner and perhaps some nice touches like tissues, complimentry hand wash and handcream.
The pool area is again quite small but it was clean. The jacuzzi is very small but worked well although you need to wait approx 10 mins between sessions. Sauna and Steam Room was good.
The heated loungers were nice but only one was working and a regular who i spoke to.
said it had been like that for sometime.
Nice facilities in the hotel and may book again.

Stayed October 2010
Dear Jandmwestkent
Thank you for your constructive review. I am pleased that overall our facilities met with your satisfaction and that you would consider returning. I was disappointed to learn of the shortfalls you experienced with some aspects of the leisure club. Please accept my apologies and be assured I have taken your comments onboard. I have liaised with the Leisure Club Manager to correct the issues where action is required. If you would like to discuss these actions in greater detail, please email me at lhumphries@QHotels.co.uk. On a more positive note, I am pleased that you enjoyed the sauna and steam room. Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we will get the opportunity to restore your confidence in the future.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed at the Ashford International on a tour with about 100 other people. Our room was very nice, the breakfast was wonderful and every one of the staff did all they could to accomodate any request. There is a supermarket next to the hotel that is very convenient if you need to buy extra items or need things which you forgot to pack.
The location is about 2 hours south of London but on the high speed train it is only about 40 minutes and you're in the heart of London.

Stayed September 2010
Dear Tier1
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay at Ashford International Hotel and that our staff were accommodating. It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the team. Thank you once again and I hope we get to welcome you back to England and Ashford International Hotel again in the future. Kind Regards Louise Humphries, Customer Relations
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed here for a wedding. Although the food was good and the staff friendly and efficient other things let it down. Housekeeping was below expected standards, the rooms wer obvioudly not chrck by a supervisor after being cleaned/tidied each day. Ther were no direction signs to the rooms when you exit the lifts. They were to be found around a corner. The person who designed the hotel decor is either colourblind or a manic depresive, in my opinion the colour choices were totally bizarre.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Wanderer065
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Ashford International Hotel. The standard of your room is of particular concern to me and I would be grateful if you would email me at lhumphries@QHotels.co.uk with your room number so I can investigate. Thank you as well for your opinion on our colour scheme, I’m sorry it’s not to your taste. However I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and that our staff were friendly and efficient. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team.
Kind Regards Louise Humphries, Customer Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashford
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Premier Inn Ashford (Eureka Leisure Park) Hotel
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel

Been to Ashford International Hotel? Share your experiences!