“Excellent....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yeovil
Knapphouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 29 Yeovil B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stopped here two nights for a football trip. Booked as a single occupancy in a double room. Was in a room called Rose which is in the main house. 1st night I was the only person staying so was asked the night before what I would like for breakfast and at what time. Went down at the agreed time and had to make a bit of noise to make myself heard.

Only issue was that the room was not really en-suite, with the toilet and sink facilities in a bathroom down the corridor, only the shower was in the bedroom.

Didn't do breakfast on the 2nd morning as I wanted an early dart away home. So settled the bill, the owner knocked off £6 for not having breakfast. So in reality I now realise I paid £6 for a bowl of porridge on the 1st morning. So go for the full monty as breakfast seems to be a set price whatever you choose.

Having said that, I would stay again, the room was comfortable and the bed really good to sleep in. Owners were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank spudd_uk

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This B&B was recommended by friends in the area. It is lovely and it's owners are, too. It is a bit difficult to find and you can miss it on the road if you aren't paying attention. The "neighborhood" is comprised of thatched homes which look out-of-place in this suburban area. More the better! A calm oasis off of a busy street. We were only there for a brief one-night stay but we found this B&B to be comfortable, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was very nice with our choice of entree - eggs, bacon, etc. - in addition to the usual yogurt and cereal. Would recommend to anyone visiting the Yeovil area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosebud59
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I absolutely love Knapp House. When I had to go to Yeovil once a week for a work placement it was a real home from home. Sheila and her family were so kind and lovely to me. Sheila cooked a great breakfast and went out of her way to help me out when I needed it!

Every room I stayed in had everything you could possibly need and was extremely clean and comfortable. I miss my trips to Knapp House and would go back any day. Cannot rate this place highly enough.

It's great value for money as well!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I wanted something basic, with a price to match. I got something much better than basic, but still at a basic price. Clean, comfortable, well-appointed, quiet, friendly - if I ever go back to Yeovil, this is where I will stay.

The only possible criticisim is that the room was absurdly over-heated; but since that applies to 99.9% of all hotels and guest houses in Britain it's hardly worth making a fuss about.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My partner and I just wanted a quiet place to recharge our batteries and have a little time out. Knapp House is perfect for this as it is a home from home - we had access to a kitchen, living room and was separate location to the owners.
Sheila and Peter who own the Knapp house were very helpful and was always willing to do the extra bit without having to ask.
I would definitely go back there for a weekend break as it's beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Great homely very clean great Breakfast friendly owners stayed
Many times and will stay again
Had lovely weekend
Best b and b in Yeovil
Many thanks
Amanda Barbara and mark
And a big thanks to the owners how made or stay very welcome and homely

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stayed in two rooms in the annexe which was beautifully decorated and very comfy. The bed was comfortable and it had everything you would want from a B&B in the country. Shiela prepared a lovely breakfast and was on hand to make sure we had plenty of everything. She even gave me an extra egg after noticing that the one she had given me was a little overcooked. Lots of attention to detail and very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family