“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tamburino

Tamburino
Ranked #1 of 182 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tamburino's first restaurant was opened in Yeovil on the 27th February 2005 bringing the town a true taste of Italy with our wonderful traditional cuisine and vibrant atmosphere.Owner Domenico Taravella is from Sicily, where passion runs deep. No more so than the passion for food and hospitality. In fact, Domenico began his restaurant career at the tender age of 14 - not surprising, because as he says, "Food and drink are part of the culture of my country. We embrace them at a very young age"
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had lunch at the Tamburino restaurant in Yeovil today. We were recommended to go by their Tamburino Caffe on a previous occasion.

We were met and asked where we would like to eat. It was a hot summers day so we elected to have our meal outside on the terrace.

There was an extensive menu and a lunchtime special which I availed myself of. My wife had a main course from the standard menu.

There was an extensive menu and all food is cooked to order.

I had an Italian Meat Balls starter followed by an excellent Spaghetti Carbonara and my wife had a prawn and asparagus risotto,

As we were waiting for the main course we were offered complimentary Olives - a nice touch.

The food was well seasoned, hot and tasty. The staff were friendly and competent.

Thank you. We will eat there again

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kernowlad2011

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“fabulous”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

first time visit to tamborino.We were not disappointed. friendly welcome and service.
great food.and reasonable prices for lunch menu.
will look forward to returning.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“For Italian food option”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went there to have lunch . We did not book because it is just me and my partner when we went in we were welcomed by the staff which was good . It seems at that day it was so busy it took them time to serve the spag and the portions was small but food taste was ok . So if you hungry this place is not an option I would prefer ASK .

• Visited November 2013
“The only Italian in Yeovil”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I have been going to Tamburinos since they opened & we love the food, atmosphere and staff. Once you have been here, nothing else in Yeovil comes close! Most friends from London, Yorkshire, etc, will only visit if we can get a table here. Well worth a visit; my Dad was hooked when his fresh fish was filleted at the table using 2 spoons & he never found a bone. Food had always been excellent, authentic & good value. Food allergies always accommodated even if it's not on the menu. Will keep recommending while it stays this good.

• Visited March 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a recent visit with my husband, we enjoyed a wonderful meal at this restaurant and the service was second to none with very attentive waiters who were also having a bit of a laugh with you which was delightful. My husband had pasta and I had the veal - which turned out to be not a veal escalope but a veal steak which was the best and I will be back there for the same again.

• Visited May 2014