“The Best in Dorset”

The Viceroy
Ranked #73 of 183 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“The Best in Dorset”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Viceroy is the best restaurant in Yeovil. If you want to taste Indian dishes then this is your destination. They serve all kinds of Indian cuisines at reasonable rates and good taste. The manager and all the staffs are very friendly and they do everything to serve their customers. Some of the best dishes are Peshoyari Lamb chops, Chicken tikka, North Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken, Chicken Balti. I would highly recommend this to everyone.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AbhisekSinha

Scotland
“Top recommendation!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Wow! The Signature Viceroy deserves its chef of the year award. We found this gem as a result of a recommendation, and were not disappointed. We have had some first class Indian meals, both in the UK and abroad, but this is one of the BEST we have eaten - spices and herbs were used so well, and the flavours were fantastic. Having cleansed our palates with mouth watering lemon, and mango, sorbets, we left absolutely full to the gunwales. The restaurant has a varied menu, with chef's speciality dishes, and 'old favourites', all at a reasonable price. Coupled with a good atmosphere, friendly staff and service, we will certainly return.

• Visited October 2013
Wells, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have eaten here many times and like one of the other reviewers I was given the 'cookery course' as a birthday present. It would be good if you actually got to do the cooking, but you don't. You do get to eat the meal though. As I was on my own on the 'course', this was done in splendid isolation.

The food is truly excellent and it was this restaurant (Signature Viceroy) and its sister restaurant next door that changed my mind, after having eaten some pretty appalling Indian meals elsewhere. The service is good and the sheer variety of meals is superb. Service can be either over attentive or lacking, which is typical of a large amount of India Restaurants. Maybe it is a resul of my not apprciating cultural differences.

Martock, United Kingdom
“Zero service 4/5 for food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Short and sweet. Service took too long, ordered drinks and they took 30 mins to arrive after asking twice.

The food is top notch but the service spoilt it totally. The waiter huffed when I asked for another drink and when clearing the plates kept leaning over while my friend was still eatting.

Overal I would not go there again because of the service which is a shame because the food was nice

2 Thank watts_peter
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“One of the best Indian meals of all my travels.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am lucky enough to have a job that requires me to travel, world-wide, a lot and I enjoy eating in well recommended restaurants whenever I can. The Viceroy, in Yeovil, Somerset has taken me by surprise. It was recommended to me as being very good and it certainly lived up to that praise. The restaurant was moderately busy for a Friday night. The decor and atmosphere are very relaxing and the staff are exceptionally attentive (without being over-present).
The menu is very varied and many dishes are original but authentic, for an Indian restaurant outside of India. The quality of the food was exceptional and at a very reasonable price.
I highly recommend this restaurant. It is now my number two Indian (but I am afraid the Rang Mahal in Bangkok still holds the prize!).