“Not a good takeaway!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not a good takeaway!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Since visiting the Signature Viceroy which is next door the Viceroy, I fancied my favourite curry (lamb dansak) and mushroom rice as a takeaway. The curry was delivered and came quickly. Unfortunately it was one of the worst currys I have ever eaten. It was tasteless, the gravy was very watery and the lamb seemed cheap and nasty - chewy and through every piece was an artery.
Unfortunately I couldn't eat it and ended up throwing it away. A disappointment to say the least. I will not be returning my custom.

3 Thank Hardcorehead88

“Great Curry”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Was quiet but food and service excellent. Food tasted freshly prepared unlike some places where you think it has been cooked a while ago and then stuck in a sauce. Very good value £30 a head including two beers so good value.

Visited April 2014
Lake Como, Italy
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Genuinely can't fault this restaurant. We went on a busy Saturday night, but nothing was too much trouble. Poppadoms and chutneys came with our drinks, and the menu had some really different dishes and specialities. As we left we were thanked by the manager for visiting and both myself and my son left with full stomachs feeling good about our experience there. Well done guys, a really good Indian restaurant to visit.

Visited March 2014
Batley, United Kingdom
“Good food, but expensive to be honest”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Came here with a business colleague, had poppadoms, a main course each, a naan, a rice, two chipattis and a side, two bottles of red £45 each ! I think that is a lot of money to be honest for an Indian meal, my local place is £15 per head for food and that includes starters !

However, the food was good, tasty and warm and the quality was very good indeed.

I had Chicken Shaslik which was a nice portion and the veg and chicken was spiced nicely. Naan was nice a fluffy, rice a bit bland and the bindi bhaji was a nice one. Chippati's not the best ive had, quite thick and chewy.

The service was a bit droll, no real interaction from the staff and the environment was quite dark lighting.

The food is nice, but I don't think overall it is worth the money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank nedthewonderhorse
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Starters-lamb chops were chewy and very tough. On menu said tender baby lamb however was def not baby lamb
Mains- we asked them to recommend something tasty and spicy, however when the dish came it was sweet.
The cost of nan bread is a rip of £3.50.
When the bill came we were 'accidentally' charged for 2 mains when we only had 1. And what really took the buscuit is was we was charged for chutney's when we never even asked for it, she brought it out and put it on table. And to top it off even though it was only 1 tray of chutney we was charged twice.
We have just moved to this area and was looking for a good tasty indian that we can now go to regularly.
It's a shame as they have real potential but do not tailor food to your requirements

• Visited March 2014