“Lovely hotel - highly recommeded”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Keep

The Keep
Ranked #4 of 30 Yeovil B&B and Inns
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel - highly recommeded”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed with my wife after a visit to RNSA Yeovilton. Although we booked a double room we were upgraded to the 'Tower suite' - which was absolutely fabulous, with a bath requiring water wings! The owner obviously has an eye for luxury!.

The location in the middle of town is ideal for restaurants, all close by. Breakfast is served in a small breakfast room and is included in the price, although a cooked breakfast is extra at a reasonable price. The staff are first class and couldn't be more helpful. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated the bath-tub! I tried to design a room that I would like to stay in and it seems to work! Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay, and I hope to see you both another time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I hear the breakfasts at this hotel are delicious....That's if you can drag yourself out of the luxurious bedroom,with the super comfy beds.(We Didn't make it)The owners of this exceptional hotel should be employed by some of our so called bigger chains,to create the extra special touch, that so many of them lack.Nothing here is overlooked.My only complaint, is the inability to put "THE KEEP" on wheels, and place it in every location that we visit.
Believe the hype.
.As we say in Wales..."It is LUSH!!!!!"
A big thankyou to Isobel for not cursing us when we'd forgotten our key.(At 2am...ish)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments, you are encouraging me to think of expansion! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, its always fun for us to meet such lively and friendly people.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Delightful little gem, very welcoming and well appointed. Brand new accommodation and decoration, the beds were very comfortable. Spotless with useful utility room for preparing your own snacks. Wifi available throughout the hotel.
Cakes on arrival ! What else do you need.
Well worth a visit

thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a such a nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

You must simply go to Yeovil to stay at The Keep! Everything was absolutely superb, I've sat here trying to think of anything that may have negatively impacted my stay, but I can't!! Whether it be the warmest of welcomes we received, the comfort and elegance of the room, the delicious cake we received on arrival, the gorgeous bathroom I had or the deliciously cooked breakfast we had on the last morning; it simply is impossible to fault. It genuinely felt like a home away from home, the owners and the staff should be commended and I'd like to offer them my warmest thanks for a fabulous 4 night stay! Anyone that visits Yeovil who does not stay here is doing themselves a huge dis-service!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your very kind comments, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, even if it was for work!
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the Keep this weekend with my son, daughter-in-law and elderly mother as we were attending a family wedding in a nearby village. What a hotel, fantastic rooms, luxuriously decorated and huge bathrooms! The welcome from owner Isobel made us feel so at home. Lorraine could not do enough and went out of her way to make my mother comfortable and provide a fantastic breakfast!! Can't wait to return.
This hotel more than deserves its five stars!

Room Tip: Don't worry about rooms at the front, it's not noisy.
thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for such nice comments, it is so rewarding to know you enjoyed your weekend, and that you enjoyed your stay.
London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed with my family (wife and 3 small children) in the 'Tower suite' - which was absolutely fabulous. It had recently been redecorated and the owner obviously had an eye for giving the place a really luxurious feel. It was fresh and just what we needed after a difficult drive from London (after a day at work!).

It is located in the middle of town if you need to get supplies and ideally located near the various sites in the area (Glastonbury, Wickey Hole, Cheddar Gorge, even the Jurassic coast in the South (we went to Lyme Regis for dinner) - as well as a trip onward to Cornwall.

The owners really went out of their way to make the stay as comfortable as possible - despite us making this difficult (children running all over the place, getting up late and arriving in the middle of the night on the first night), which we really appreciated. Breakfast was lovely, cooked breakfast is additional (but delicious).

Our room was fantastic and I would really recommend. It has a kitchenette downstairs with a sofabed (+tv to keep little ones happy) and the upstairs has a huge bed and a BATH!! Was very relaxing lying in and catching up on the news and MOTD!

So would highly recommend it - good for families (real bonus in this part of the world it would seem), good for couples (quite secluded) and indeed anyone needing a relaxing break.
thanks for a great stay.

thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review, I'm really glad you enjoyed your weekend with the kids, you certainly explored the area!
Dunblane
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just returned from a stay at The Keep, my daughter and I stayed in a twin room the room was excellent, the beds are the best I have ever experienced with top quality bedding. The room had everything you would want and the bathroom was luxurious, far better than any 5 star hotel. The owner greeted us and gave us some great tips on where to eat (The Mulberry) was fantastic as was the Italian (Trombolina) she recommended. The owner was extremly friendly but not in any way overbearing. We were staying at the hotel as we were visiting a venue for a wedding reception and I was interested in seeing the other rooms for our future wedding guests, we were shown most of the rooms the next day after checkout and every one was fantastic with the same quality of furnishings. I would highly recommend this boutique hotel you will not get better than this. We will be back.

Room Tip: Any room they are all brilliant but for the extra try the 2 storey penthouse suite.
thekeephotel, Owner at The Keep, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments, Best of luck with your wedding plans, I mentioned your interest to Garth at Mulberrys and he said he does do outside catering, private suppers etc incase your are interested.