“Dreadful service”

The Arrow
Ranked #113 of 183 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Post Code BA21 3TL
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Came with family for tea- if you are easily pleased and just want an all day breakfast your food will be fairly quick. If not allow yourself at least 55 minutes for your food to come and then have a mediocre scampi. If you want somewhere nice to go for tea then look elsewhere or stay in!

bradley stoke south gloucestershire
“Definitely gone downhill”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I visited The Arrow several times in 2013 and always found it served good food served fresh and at excellent value-for-money. After a break of several months I have again been visiting it on a weekly basis and all I can say is, well, how things have changed. The food is now barely warm, the service seems to take ages (and please bear in mind there is no football being played at the moment so Saturdays need not be that difficult for them to cope with) and whenever I arrive just on the stroke of midday to order food and drink from The Lunch Club there invariably seems to be a problem insomuch as the staff say that I cannot order before midday or that they have to check something (and I never know quite what as they are totally non-specific) or the staff are poorly-trained and know not what to do. A very minor point I know, but there is hardly ever a full cruet set on the table and the woman whom I presume to be the Manageress, name-badged as Purdey (an appropriate throwback to the '70's if we were visiting a Berni Inn, but sadly we were not because the Berni Inns NEVER let us down) blows hot and cold at the best of times, ie sometimes all over you like a cheap coat and the next, practically monosyllabic. It appears to me that regulars get poor service and are shunted sideways when there is an occasional party-size booking, which in itself leaves a nasty taste, not to mention the overcooked fish. The whole place now looks tired and in need of a complete revamp and the staff, the Management and the Brewery need to take a long hard look at themselves and remember why people flocked to this place initially. I know that very few people complain and that those of us who do are considered, at best, troublemakers, but you have to pay the same money whether your meal is good or bad and in a place where you pay upfront just try getting your money back! Bad, verging on awful.

Bridport, United Kingdom
“Rude!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I came and ate at the arrow today as I have been here many times before with my family and I was very disappointed we had the lunch club the food was great for value however some of us had finished our starters but my mother wasn't still the waitress still cleared the rest of our plates and as my mum was finishing her starter they brought our mains out including my mothers so she quickly finished her mouthful and started on her main and then we went onto our mains I founde meat in the steak pie to tough to even chew so I left it and we were waiting my grandad to finish his meal when the waitress the same one came and cleared the rest of our plates while my grandad was still eating his, I thought this was really rude and did not like the service we got from this waitress. Everyone in my family enjoyed there meals for the value however I did not enjoy my steak pie I hope it's better next time

Bristol
“Dont know how they make money”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate here with my family and had the carvery. it really is dirt cheap and yet the food was delicious. It was very busy with a younger clientele. I think the carvery was £6 which is a bargain.
Keep upthe good work Marstons

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent value and prompt service and nicely cooked & presented food. Lots of 'deals' including a drink + upgrade to larger glass of wine for £1 extra. Really is cheap as chips and can't believe they can make a profit. Well done Marston's for breathing life into this community pub and making it a buzzing place to visit. Will definitely be back.