“won't go back.”
Review of Globe & Crown

Globe & Crown
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Room was cold. Shower was cold. Curtains did not meet when closed. There was a choice of three meals to choose from on the menu in the restaurant. We left and went to the Mexican 200yds down the road. Would have preferred to stay in the pub to eat as it was absolutely pouring with rain. That said breakfast was good. Unfortunately not good enough to entice us back. Ever..

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kwieca

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed for one night midweek as had an interview for a new job in Yeovil. I paid £44 for a double room for single use. The room was nice and clean (in the annex building at the rear). The room was tastefully decorated and felt modern.

The pub adjoining was nice and I didn't feel intimidated eating there on my own. Food was nice and just what was needed after a long trip.

The room was a little cold when I got back but I turned the radiator on and it soon warmed up.

The bed was a little lumpy but I had a peaceful nights sleep, only issue was being woken by next door tv in the morning. Shower was also a little cold but I do err on the side of scalding so maybe its just me! Also bath towels were a bit on the skimpy side.

Breakfast was nice and included in the £44 which was good. All in all would recomend for a clean affordable stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CPBisthebest
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Recently stayed in a twin room for two nights over Easter. The fairly new owners were very friendly and ultra helpful. As were all the staff we met. I really hope they do well there and I feel that they will bring the décor upto a high standard. Our room was quite small but clean and although needs a few minor repairs here and there, it was cleaned daily with fresh towels, tea coffee etc. I would definitely stay there again it is in a great location for the town centre.

1  Thank Trisha03
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I stayed for 1 night as we were invited to a corporate event at the football club. The rooms were very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the pub which was excellent and very well presented. Breakfast was also good. Fantastic value for money and right in the centre of town.

2  Thank staddon20
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We booked three nights over the Easter weekend. Quiet location even though it was part of a busy pub.. Clean basic rooms , towels were changed daily and tea and coffee always filled up.. It is cheap and cheerful and you get what you pay for but it is a good central location.. Friendly staff and a nice breakfast to start the day !

1  Thank Nicola O
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to stay for a Saturday night in yeovil and this was the joint cheapest available, came with breakfast so the ensuite double room and this made it good value.
The rooms are managed by the downstairs pub and signing in was a little unusual, the barman asked us to wait for 5 minutes as the manageress was having a fag! But this was fine as check in was a signature and key that was it!
The building is a bit of a maze but the room was adequate for its purpose!
The hotel is centrally located, literally 1 minute to the high street, so saved on taxi fares etc. handy for stumbling back to after the evening out!
All in cheap room nothing fancy bit suited what I needed for the night.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Peterclarke7
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed in room 30 which was up the lane by the hotel. It involved going up quite a few stairs and there was no lift, but that wasn't a problem. It was a shame that I could not get internet access in my room and had to sit in the bar/restaurant for that. On the other hand, internet was free, so I shouldn't complain too loudly!

The room was clean, very warm, had good tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits. It was also centrally located, but took me a while to find due to the weird numbering on South Street - if asking your way, mention that it used to be called Globetrotters! I had no problem sleeping.

The menu was very limited - I would recommend eating somewhere else unless you are tired, although they did say that it was limited due to it being outside of school season, I think. I had scampi and chips, and it was good, but if I had been less tired, I might have preferred to go somewhere else. You can't put the restaurant bill to your room.

Breakfast is served only from 7am-9am and I couldn't see any alarm clock facilities in the room, so you might like to remember to bring your alarm clock if you are a late sleeper like me. Check out is by 10am.

I enjoyed the stay, just one night, the staff was friendly and amenable. It wasn't outstanding, but it was extremely good value for money and I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo