“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #131 of 181 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Fast food, British, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We had a family meal at this fish & chip shop great food did not take to long from order to table must say will be going back very soon

Yeovil, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst fish I've ever experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Decideded to have haddock and chips on my visit to yeovil! Fish was deep fried in a very thick batter, fish was over cooked and watery. Not many of the chips where worth eating and I could only describe as a child's portion, will I be returning? Not in a million years.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Somerset
“Rip off!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The food was ok however such tiny portions & ridiculously overpriced. Bad attitude from staff I encountered. Will not be returning-Tuckers in crewkerne is far superior.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Lovely chips shame about the lack of them!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Palmers have always managed to cook beautiful chips and have always been known for being a bit on the tight side.

I took some chips out on the takeaway counter and could not believe how small a portion the older lady behind the counter had given me. I doubt there was a whole potato in the bag.

When I asked if this was all I could get for the money she said I could always buy a large portion, so I did! Still struggling to have a large potato in the bag I'm afraid.

St. Pierre de Juillers, France
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We visited this modern purpose built fish and chip restaurant on a Saturday evening with our family of 4 children and 4 adults. We choose to eat in, the service was prompt and friendly but was let down by the quality of the food, fish and chips are a favorite with us all but we found the fish batter to be awful far too dark in colour hard and inedible due to either a too high frying temperature or old oil I think both .

The chips while piping hot were bland and the supplied vinegar watered down i tasted it on my finger to be sure old trick .Along with the cod and chips I ordered some fried calamari just to try them out, they were the most awful over cooked rubber I have ever tasted I did not expect squid in a english fish and chip restaurant but if they are on the menu please try to cook it correctly

It was sad to see no renewable fish only Cod Plaice and Haddock these are not the only fish in the ocean. I have had over the years some fantastic fish and chips they can be the greatest food in the world but not at Palmers fish and chips such a shame . .

• Visited April 2014