“The King's Arms, Montacute”

King's Arms Inn Montacute
Ranked #16 of 184 Restaurants in Yeovil
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Montacute, United Kingdom
“The King's Arms, Montacute”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A great pub/small hotel, very friendly, good service. Food is good too. It has a sheltered garden behind it.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
“Lovely food......”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Whilst entering this establishment, it became apparent that it's definately on the posh end. Lovely, laid out pub, with a nice friendly chap behind the bar. If you are looking for a cheap and cheerful pub meal, this is not the place for you. Its very much a village favourite, for the weathy!! The menu prices are alittle higher than average, infact the steak meal with all the trimmings was almost £22!! In saying this, I'm sure it would be a fantastic meal and you would get what you paid for. Anyway, I opted for the pub special, which was a lovely beef cassarole with mixed veg. It was very tasty and for an inclusive chocolate and hazelnut all for £9.95, I thought this was good value for money. I did notice various other meals coming out and they did look very nice. My Husband opted for the curry and once again, we felt that was reasonable at £9.95 and plentiful. On reflection, we enjoyed our meal, the service was pretty good and they even brought out additional cutlery for sharing......We would eat here again

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Jurassica22
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have eaten twice recently in the Kings Arms for lunch. I went for dinner on 7th March and food was very good and reasonably priced. The staff were vey pleasant and the restaurant area is beautifully decorated. I would definitely visit again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank JoSomerset1509
Guingamp, France
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stopped here as we thought we would treat ourselves to lunch. The place to me seemed to mix old and new and not really make it work. The bar menu was not that good and the curry of the day lacked any vegetable content, to be honest I wished we had gone to Wetherspoons !

There was one nice lady who seemed to be doing everything.

Not for us again I am afraid!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lynsey58
Taunton, United Kingdom
“very well cooked food; a great find”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have been spending time in this area a lot recently and frequently eat out at restaurants and pubs locally. The King's Arms looks like a typical old coaching pub in a historic stone village - so we expected pub food. It was a great surprise and we'll definitely go again:

Interesting menu - mains about £17. Every dish we ordered was delightfully presented and extremely well cooked - imaginative, fresh, flavourful food. Pheasant and duck breast. Lovely, well-judged, succulent lamb. Whoever was in the kitchen has talent.

We preferred the food (by far) to the White Horse at Hazelbury Plucknett, which was recommended to us. Also in its food, it's streets ahead of the Lord Nelson in Norton sub Hamdon (-a friendly and likeable pub).

Average, rather lacklustre wine list.

Historic, cosy, interior - has retained its old character and is not too gastro-pub. Pity that it was very quiet. This place deserves to do well.

• Visited January 2014