“Best value in Town”

Ranked #28 of 30 Yeovil B&B and Inns
Devon, UK
“Best value in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is my choice for a Friday night stopover for the following Saturday Yeovil Brass Band Contest. This may be my 4th year. As usual everything was just the way I like it. Greystones is just a short walk away from the centre. There is a bus 68 which runs on the hour and 1/2 hour from the Yeovil Junction rail station to the centre. Greystones is perfect for that quiet, calm and peaceful night away from home.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SkyMcCain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We have read all the current reviews and find as usual there are people in this world who are never satisfied. We are an elderly couple and with the help of the proprietor had no trouble with the stairs. One of us is an uncomplaining disabled person. Our own stay was for only one night but would certainly come again.

Our room [at the top] was clean and confortable and certainly adequte for a couple. The bathroom water was hot, which is not alwqays the case in other establishments. The breakfasts were excellent and efficiently served.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ballsup2
Devon, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2010

5 February, 2010 was my second, very pleasant stay here. Greystones's rooms are modernized and have every detail you would expect in a high quality B&B. There is an excellent folder of traveler's information on where to go, where to eat, maps indicating all choices. The owner checked me in and showed me all around. He could not have been more pleasant. I think the two negative reviews happened while the owners were away. Unfortunate really, because they are so unfair and present an extremely distorted view. Who would wait until 2AM to ask politely for tv volume to be lowered? I'll stay here again next year at the same time for the same yearly event.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Reading
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2009

I was 'told off' numerous times and generally made to feel as though I was inconviencing the staff during my stay. A national Sunday newspaper was left on the hall stand for over two hours, when I eventually picked it up to peruse the headlines over breakfast I was screamed at by the host for picking up a 'private paper' and it was quickly snatched back. The food at breakfast was also uninspiring. We were generally subjected to sarcastic comments from staff over the two days. Greystone's has the potential to become a wonderful retreat, but it would certainly require an overhaul of staff to achieve this aim.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Yeovil hotels

Fareham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

I recommend taking a set of earphones to give to the lady in residence on the second floor. She had her telly on really loud until we had had enough at 2am and knocked on her door requesting she turn it off! We had to be a breakfast before 8.30, so we only got a total of about 5hrs sleep. We were totally washed out and felt very angry about paying £75 to be kept awake half the night!!!!!! Wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

We stayed here on a stop over on our way back from Cornwall,the room was very nice,large and furnished well,with lots of nice personal touches. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Over all,we were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2008

At Greystones,I was greeted with a smile!
This is a great place to stay and the people there were fantastic and made me feel welcome. They seem to go out of their way to make sure I had what I needed. The food was very good and the homemade short bread (cookies) where the BEST! They left a couple in the room each day..... yummmm!! The room was clean and the largest I've stayed in during my visit to GB this year or last! Most importantly, being a solo traveler, I felt very safe. Only draw back was there are no lifts(most places over there do not).....but I knew this when I went.
I will stay there again and plan to next time I visit!

• Liked — Great price, Friendly people and clean room.
  • Disliked — No Lift
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo