“Not bad.”
Review of The Manor

The Manor
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice exterior. Inside nice too but more attention to detail on cleanliness wouldn't go a miss. Such as food marks on walls and food left on seating and hairs on clean towels and bathroom floor.
Staff very lovely.
Only ate breakfast. Sausage slightly under cooked and quite small.
Bar and conservatory area was lovely to sit and chat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorthernTruth
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you very much for the feed back regarding your stay. I have already passed this on to our housekeeping and kitchen teams to ensure we reach acceptable standards.I am very pleased you were happy with the team,
Thanks again
Tracy and The Manor team

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The manor is nice hotel which is easily scale from out of town. The room was comfortable with a modern bathroom. The bar is cozy and the food is to a good standard. The staff were welcoming. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan E

Thank you for your very kind words. We are looking forward to having you back at the Manor,

Tracy and The Manor team

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good location for Yeovil as town is minutes away by foot. Wonderful breakfasts-plenty of choiceand general ambiance of the place, bar, restaurant and conservatory great. Also, super, cheerful,polite and well spoken, respectful staff who really appear to be enjoying their jobs.Ate in and enjoyed evening meals-very reasonably priced.
Only downside is we stayed in the annex which appears to be where the large bulk of accomodation is and whilst rooms warm, clean and contain everything you need, the walls are very thin so you do hear EVERY bit of noise from rooms either side and above/below. Our second night was really quiet but on first one, we had a couple of inconsiderate females who came in at 1.30am noisily and then continued to talk well into the early hours. We could hear every word until in the end, we knocked on the door and slid a polite note under the door requesting quiet. They did respond but by that time, our night's sleep had been ruined! the floors are also really creaky so every step makes a noise-surprising for a modern building.
However, overall stay was really good and on our special deal, we couldn't really complain as good points outweighed the night time irritation!

Room Tip: Annex rooms quiet and set back from road-but beware creaky floors and very thin walls so all noise c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AJ B

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Manor. I will make sure the team get informed of your feedback. I will bear in mind your comments regarding the Old Stables.Please feel free to call reception any time of the day or night , we are more than happy to speak with guests that may not be as considerate as yourselves. Im very happy you still enjoyed your stay

We hope to see you again soon,

Tracy and The Manor Team

Reviewed 1 March 2014

A well placed hotel in hotel, walking distance to Westland Helicopters and local amenities. Reasonably priced , a great menu and helpful staff, had used this as a base for business trip in the local area. The service in the hotel was quick and polite. Plenty of car parking at the front and rear of the hotel. The good location makes it an ideal choice for a business stay. Would recommend this hotel for stays in or around Yeovil.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony653
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for the review. I am looking forward to sharing this with the team at our next meeting.Very much looking forward to seeing you again at the Manor
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had booked this hotel for a murder mystery night for my birthday, I had spoken to the receptionist a number of times about me and my partner having food allergies and due to me having a nut allergy, I could barely eat anything off of the set menu. The receptionist was very helpful during this, but I was frustrated at the lack of food offered to me. I have a nut allergy and have to be careful what I eat, but I can normally eat about 90% of what is offered on most menus, at the manor I was offered soup, a plain chicken breast and chips and fruit or ice cream for dessert. If I am going to pay £25 for a meal on my birthday I expect a bigger choice and a much better standard of food. Eventually I persuaded them to give me the hunters chicken off of the lunch menu (none of the normal menu food was offered to me until I asked) and an apple pie for dessert. I had to tell the waitress they had the wrong food when we had our set menu choices put in front of us before the entertainment started. Even after this, I still had ice cream instead of the apple pie I ordered. Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to get around a nut allergy?!
The entertainment for the evening was fantastic and we want to do another murder mystery after this experience! The actors were great and the whole murder mystery set up was very good, just a shame about the hotel they chose to host the event in.
The room we stayed in was nothing special to look at, dark and shabby, but it was freezing cold and there was no thermostat or any way of regulating the temperature. The bed was made of two old single beds pushed together and it was very uncomfortable, we didn't get to sleep until 6am because it was so uncomfortable. The pillows and duvet were old and lumpy and hard to get comfortable in, especially in a really cold room.
Overall I think the price we paid was for a premium, good standard hotel with great food and we got a cold, shabby hotel with reheated cheap pub food (prepared by a warmer-upper with a microwave as opposed to a chef!)
I was really looking forward to my birthday weekend, a murder mystery with a lovely dinner and a night stay in a nice hotel and a visit to the Haynes motor museum the next day, unfortunately the Manor hotel ruined this. We were too tired to visit the motor museum (part of the reason we came to Yeovil) on my birthday because we couldn't get to sleep in the uncomfortable beds in the cold hotel room.
So thank you, Manor hotel, for ruining my birthday and ripping me off. WILL NOT BE STAYING AGAIN

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny A

Thank you for your review of The Manor without such comments we are unable to improve our service. I cannot apologise enough about the issues that you encountered. I am very pleased you liked the Murder Mystery though, we have employed them a couple of times and they always come up trumps.We do have 24 hour cover so please do not hesitate to contact reception whatever time of day or night, we are always willing to sort problems where possible and the heating was an easy fix. Its a shame that we could not have sorted this for you at the time.We much prefer to speak with people on the day. I hope the resolution we put in place for you when you contacted us has gone some way to make you happy

Kind Regards

Tracy Datlen

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great choice of overnight stay in Yeovil. Room very comfortable, restaurant offering good food at a reasonable price and although we didn't book breakfast we ate there for a song. Would recommend to anyone needing to be in Yeovil or nearby for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank forgeronfp
Old_English_Inns99, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review. Im very happy that you enjoyed the food. I hope to see you again sometime when you can also try out the breakfast,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here last weekend to catch the Yeovil / Leeds game, got a great deal for B&B for two rooms. I had a small single room that had everything you needed, nice and clean with a bathroom that was as big as the bedroom in the main building. The hotel has been recently renovated. The bar and restaurant is very nice, we had dinner the first night, fantastic deal and good food. The breakfast were amazing, just what was needed after a night out on the town. Definitely would recommend this hotel to family and friends, in fact my son and son in law stayed in the other room, and they intend to back with their families.

Room Tip: I like the main building but have stayed in the other rooms and they are also nice !!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cryyzac

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at The Manor. Its great to hear you had a great time. I hope to see your family here again soon. Make sure they say make themselves known on their return,

Kind regards