“Room 9 fourposter room Gorgeous and luxurious”
Review of The Manor

The Manor
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Suffolk
“Room 9 fourposter room Gorgeous and luxurious”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Making the booking was easy, finding it was easy, our arrival was dealt with quickly and professionally. The hotel is beautifully decorated, very clean, our room No. 9 was simply beautiful. It was at the front of the house. The bed was really comfortable I slept so well. Flat screen TV, free wi-fi, tea and coffee with biscuits, a bathroom and shower the size of a double room. Fantastic decoration, extremely clean and loaded with architectural nooks and crannies.
I loved the decor, the choice of eateries, the excellent value of £9.99 for an excellent choice of breakfast which includes salmon and scrambled egg, fish, omelettes and full English. Dinner prices starting from £9.99 for two meals with starters and desserts for just £2.50.
The staff all the way through were fantastic, receptionist, waiters, bar staff. They made us feel like family.
The only thing I missed for £95.00 room only was the toiletries as I had forgotten cotton wool, but really that is only being picky.
We had free parking and the hotel 2 minutes from the town centre.

Room Tip: We had Room 9 four poster and it was so luxurious and comfortable.
1 Thank Jacqueline C
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Wow, what a lovely review. The first time i saw one of these rooms it made me smile too. They are rather lovely. Im very happy that you liked the quality and value of our menu . The two for £9.99 breakfast is incredible value . I am extremely happy you found the team happy and welcoming.Im sorry that you were disappointed about the toiletries. I will bear this feedback in mind for our next brand meeting.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review
Regards

Tracy and The Manor Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Flitwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice exterior. Inside nice too but more attention to detail on cleanliness wouldn't go a miss. Such as food marks on walls and food left on seating and hairs on clean towels and bathroom floor.
Staff very lovely.
Only ate breakfast. Sausage slightly under cooked and quite small.
Bar and conservatory area was lovely to sit and chat.

2 Thank NorthernTruth
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you very much for the feed back regarding your stay. I have already passed this on to our housekeeping and kitchen teams to ensure we reach acceptable standards.I am very pleased you were happy with the team,
Thanks again
Tracy and The Manor team
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The manor is nice hotel which is easily scale from out of town. The room was comfortable with a modern bathroom. The bar is cozy and the food is to a good standard. The staff were welcoming. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alan E
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your very kind words. We are looking forward to having you back at the Manor,

Tracy and The Manor team
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good location for Yeovil as town is minutes away by foot. Wonderful breakfasts-plenty of choiceand general ambiance of the place, bar, restaurant and conservatory great. Also, super, cheerful,polite and well spoken, respectful staff who really appear to be enjoying their jobs.Ate in and enjoyed evening meals-very reasonably priced.
Only downside is we stayed in the annex which appears to be where the large bulk of accomodation is and whilst rooms warm, clean and contain everything you need, the walls are very thin so you do hear EVERY bit of noise from rooms either side and above/below. Our second night was really quiet but on first one, we had a couple of inconsiderate females who came in at 1.30am noisily and then continued to talk well into the early hours. We could hear every word until in the end, we knocked on the door and slid a polite note under the door requesting quiet. They did respond but by that time, our night's sleep had been ruined! the floors are also really creaky so every step makes a noise-surprising for a modern building.
However, overall stay was really good and on our special deal, we couldn't really complain as good points outweighed the night time irritation!

Room Tip: Annex rooms quiet and set back from road-but beware creaky floors and very thin walls so all noise c...
3 Thank AJ B
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Manor. I will make sure the team get informed of your feedback. I will bear in mind your comments regarding the Old Stables.Please feel free to call reception any time of the day or night , we are more than happy to speak with guests that may not be as considerate as yourselves. Im very happy you still enjoyed your stay

We hope to see you again soon,

Tracy and The Manor Team
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

A well placed hotel in hotel, walking distance to Westland Helicopters and local amenities. Reasonably priced , a great menu and helpful staff, had used this as a base for business trip in the local area. The service in the hotel was quick and polite. Plenty of car parking at the front and rear of the hotel. The good location makes it an ideal choice for a business stay. Would recommend this hotel for stays in or around Yeovil.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony653
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for the review. I am looking forward to sharing this with the team at our next meeting.Very much looking forward to seeing you again at the Manor
Kind regards
Tracy and the team
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had booked this hotel for a murder mystery night for my birthday, I had spoken to the receptionist a number of times about me and my partner having food allergies and due to me having a nut allergy, I could barely eat anything off of the set menu. The receptionist was very helpful during this, but I was frustrated at the lack of food offered to me. I have a nut allergy and have to be careful what I eat, but I can normally eat about 90% of what is offered on most menus, at the manor I was offered soup, a plain chicken breast and chips and fruit or ice cream for dessert. If I am going to pay £25 for a meal on my birthday I expect a bigger choice and a much better standard of food. Eventually I persuaded them to give me the hunters chicken off of the lunch menu (none of the normal menu food was offered to me until I asked) and an apple pie for dessert. I had to tell the waitress they had the wrong food when we had our set menu choices put in front of us before the entertainment started. Even after this, I still had ice cream instead of the apple pie I ordered. Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to get around a nut allergy?!
The entertainment for the evening was fantastic and we want to do another murder mystery after this experience! The actors were great and the whole murder mystery set up was very good, just a shame about the hotel they chose to host the event in.
The room we stayed in was nothing special to look at, dark and shabby, but it was freezing cold and there was no thermostat or any way of regulating the temperature. The bed was made of two old single beds pushed together and it was very uncomfortable, we didn't get to sleep until 6am because it was so uncomfortable. The pillows and duvet were old and lumpy and hard to get comfortable in, especially in a really cold room.
Overall I think the price we paid was for a premium, good standard hotel with great food and we got a cold, shabby hotel with reheated cheap pub food (prepared by a warmer-upper with a microwave as opposed to a chef!)
I was really looking forward to my birthday weekend, a murder mystery with a lovely dinner and a night stay in a nice hotel and a visit to the Haynes motor museum the next day, unfortunately the Manor hotel ruined this. We were too tired to visit the motor museum (part of the reason we came to Yeovil) on my birthday because we couldn't get to sleep in the uncomfortable beds in the cold hotel room.
So thank you, Manor hotel, for ruining my birthday and ripping me off. WILL NOT BE STAYING AGAIN

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny A
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your review of The Manor without such comments we are unable to improve our service. I cannot apologise enough about the issues that you encountered. I am very pleased you liked the Murder Mystery though, we have employed them a couple of times and they always come up trumps.We do have 24 hour cover so please do not hesitate to contact reception whatever time of day or night, we are always willing to sort problems where possible and the heating was an easy fix. Its a shame that we could not have sorted this for you at the time.We much prefer to speak with people on the day. I hope the resolution we put in place for you when you contacted us has gone some way to make you happy

Kind Regards

Tracy Datlen

Travellers are raving about these Yeovil hotels

Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great choice of overnight stay in Yeovil. Room very comfortable, restaurant offering good food at a reasonable price and although we didn't book breakfast we ate there for a song. Would recommend to anyone needing to be in Yeovil or nearby for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank forgeronfp
Old_English_Inns99, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your review. Im very happy that you enjoyed the food. I hope to see you again sometime when you can also try out the breakfast,

Kind Regards