“Near Yeovil Town Centre”
Review of The Manor

The Manor
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
london
“Near Yeovil Town Centre”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights visiting family. Good hotel well situated, not overly expensive. Breakfast is extra but very good value, plenty of everything you would expect. Only niggle is, if you order a newspaper, it is not delivered to your room, you have to go to reception to collect, WHY? I like to read the newspaper in bed. All the staff were very helpful and overall a very nice couple of nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the newspaper issue can be annoying. We are looking to have them placed outside of rooms again. But if that isnt the case, please just dial 0 on the internal phone and someone will be more than happy to bring it up to your room so you can relax and catch up with the news.

Tracy and The Manor Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

needed a break so booked the manor with friends for the w/e had a marvelous time yovil is a nice country town the staff as always were super efficient the food and service excelent the receptionist on arival was helpful and curtious we will be revisiting this hotel again soon thank you for making our stay special lyn mac

Room Tip: old hotel all the rooms we have stayed in have been very good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. Its great to see the team are appreciated for all their hard work. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to having you here again soon,

UK
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We found this by accident! and we are very impressed with it. You can get two meals for £10 and the food quality was excellent. I had the ham, egg and chips and this was lovely. Very good service and pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I agree with you, our two for £9.99 menu is very good value and there is a good choice to cover most tastes. I am very happy you enjoyed your meal and i will pass your comments onto the kitchen

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for a night in the manor and have to say the hotel is great, the room was lovely and clean, the bed was comfy and the room had all I needed for a nights stay...

HOWEVER the ground floor of the stable block is so noisy! I was staying in a room next to a door that needed oiling (sounded a bit like a screeching cat), the other doors slammed shut, and I could hear everything in the rooms next to me and above! Luckily it was just footsteps...I know the hotel had a refurb a few years ago but they really should have thought of insulation as I had maybe 4 hours sleep which isn't ideal!

I would return but would request to not stay in the stable block....

• Stayed May 2014
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Manor. I appreciate the time it takes. I am glad you found the room to be clean tidy. The housekeeping team work hard to ensure a comfortable stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding noise and i am having our handyman check for squeaky doors and we will look at adjusting the closers on the doors. We do take reuests for room location wherever possible. Please do contact us when next you book and we will be more than happy to meet your requests,

Sheffield
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here for x 1 night on a business trip. It was an excellent location for our trip however we didn't venture into town so I can't comment on the location. The hotel was easy to find. Car park is busy - so if you arrive late, it can be tricky to find a spot. The double room was clean and comfortable. Quiet location (no disturbance at night). We ate in the restaurant too - standard pub grub fare. Breakfast was nice - plenty of choice, however the server was very busy and took a while to come and take our order. Overall, I would stay here again if we visited Yeovil.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback, without this we cannot possibly improve on what we do.
We will look at service levels in the restaurant at peak times to see how we can improve

We hope to see you here again at the Manor soon

Regards

Tracy and the team
UK
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Nice rooms, good food, great breakfast, with good staff and customer service. Only dosnside is if the hotel or restaurant is busy and patrons hVe cars, you might be a bit pushed to find a car park space, other than that though, would definately go back again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure the team hear of your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again here at The Manor

Tracy and the team
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We arrived late, and that was no problem. Our rooms were interconnecting as requested, all the staff were great. We requested numerous jugs of ice, which were willing provided. I mucked up the booking and thought we had breakfast included, which was incorrect, as I found out at breakfast the next morning.
My heart sank when I thought I was in for £15 a head, but was pleasantly surprised with the £6 odd and would have had breaky the next morning had we not got an urgent meeting at Wetherspoons.
Ashleigh on reception was a diamond. Kindly putting me right without any fuss, she also helped with some local sights, (and bars!) looked after our bags and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. All the staff were bang on it must be said.

Room Tip: We were up stairs in the stable extension, we all found it fine. If I had to moan, the door returns...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David M
TDATLEN, General Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you so much or taking the time to review The Manor. I am very glad you found the service to be so good. Ashleigh was very happy when your review was read and its great to hear that she looked after you so well. Our breakfast is incredible value for money i agree.I am glad that you found it to be so,

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Tracy, Ashleigh and all the Manor team