“Manor Hotel Yeovil”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Bristol
“Manor Hotel Yeovil”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a long weekend here as we were in Yeovil for a concert and had a very good weekend.
The staff were great and very friendly and helpful although they were very short stafffed the weekend we were there and were catering with a wedding on the Friday we arrived .
The rooms we were given were in the Old Stable Block and the bed was very comfortable and I slept very well but the bathroom was the smallest one I have seen.
Overall we had an excellent time - the food was very good and we would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wicked81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Attic room dirty and so hot. Down the corridor from unused room with open door which looked like a tip. Very few staff on and looked over stretched. No offer to assist with bags. No enquiry about the quality of my stay.Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Took a photo if hotel management wish to contact me. Could upload but would seriously damage reputat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Yeovil hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

On arrival the rooms were not ready, after some waiting we eventually settled in, had to dash out to a pre -. planned event.The room was small but comfortable but very warm, in fact over powering., bed was very comfy, the wardrobe door was stiff and noisy to close, as was the bedroom door. The bar was closed when we arrived back . No shampoo or shower gel only hand wash, luckily i had brought some with me. The shower only worked for about 30 seconds leaving me soaped up with not even a plug to wash off the soap in the bath, i had to resort to kneeling down and splashing the water over me to cleanse. The breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice, The receptionist was curt, check out was made easy as i had paid on arrival ,

Room Tip: try elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Stourbridge
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Down here for 4 days on business so had a good chance to give this hotel a good overview and it was close to being a good hotel but there were a few niggles.
Plus points Clean and comfortable
My bedroom at least was an excellent size with a small sofa and a large TV
Breakfast excellent with a good choice of healthy and not so healthy starts to the day
Evening meal generally ok but as with many hotels nowadays the menu has an obsession with Mash with everything and if like me you are not a fan it can be irritating but there are other choices
Location near the town centre
Staff with one exception excellent

Minus points

Well the one member of staff the receptionist who saw me in and out whilst not unpleasant was curt and monosyllabic
No Shampoo in the bathroom,there was liquid soap hand wash and hand cream but no shampoo and as you expect these things I had to go and buy some

However I have booked in again next week so the pluses outweigh the minuses

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ceredigion, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

No reception staff on duty on checking in. Waited for ages, no bell on desk to get attention either. Went into the bar to seek help but no staff on duty there also! After waiting a few more minutes a man appeared at the bar and said he would find someone to check us in.

Eventually a staff member arrives at the desk and checks us into Room 4. A hot cell like room with a window so high up the wall that you can't see out of. No air conditioning or fan available. The bathroom was really small and dirty with only a shower that had no shelf/tray to put your washing stuff on. Can you believe it?!! The walls were so thin we could hear everything our neighbour was doing in their bathroom including turning on the extractor fan that sounded like someone was drilling through the wall!! To add to this disturbance there was a loud slamming fire door opposite our room. The only good thing about this room was the really comfortable bed but that was it!

We visited the hotel bar for drinks and food and every single time I visited the bar (4 times) to order something there was no one there.
I had to wait and wait for attention every single time!! On one occasion another guest who had just arrived and was trying to check in came to the bar and said to me " where the hell are the staff in this place?" I told him that we had experienced exactly the same thing trying
to check in too! I'm pleased to say that after managing to actually get someone to take our order for food the service was quick and our food was very good.

Breakfast...... OMG! It happened again. No staff to greet and seat me and two other guests waiting. In the end I got fed up and knocked on the kitchen door to get attention! My full English breakfast was just ok and nothing to rave about but by this time I was p***** off and didn't enjoy it. ( come on manager this staffing issue really needs addressing!!)

I will certainly not be rushing back to stay again. I would much rather stick to the good and reliable Holiday Inn any day!

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I think this hotel is probably very good if you get one of the better rooms. I stayed in a single and low and behold, the room is tiny, hot and not particularly nice. Its fine for a short night stop like this trip, but any longer and it wouldn't have worked. Hotel is nearly there - nice reception, bar, etc.

Room Tip: Don't go for a single room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
worthing
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We weren't expecting great things from this hotel having read some unfavourable reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. There isn't a great choice of hotels in Yeovil so you aren't spoilt for choice anyway.

Yes the rooms are a little tired. But the room we had was a 'Superior' room with a 4 poster bed (which was the noisiest bed we have ever slept in as it creaked all night). There were no real problems. The room was a good size, had good accessories and TV, and had a really nice bathroom. The common areas, the bar, restaurant were all fine. The service was very good.

And for this we paid only £80. The next night we stayed in a De Vere hotel which we didn't like as much as our stay here - and which was more expensive.

I would have liked to give 4 stars but the noisy bed loses one star by itself.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4 poster bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple