“Superb lamb tikka balti”
Review of Signature Viceroy

Ranked #72 of 195 Restaurants in Yeovil
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I visited the Viceroy Signature having watched The Grand Budapest Hotel at the cinema. We were warmly greeted on our arrival at 7.15pm. The range of menu choices was average, but the recommended meals drew my interest. I opted for the lamb tikka massala balti and a peshwari nan, and my better half opted for a chicken tikka sizzler, rice and a chaana side-dish. We had a couple of pappadums with a selection of pickles for starters. The waitress described each of the pickles, which was unexpected but nonetheless most welcome. The pickles were very good, although the lime pickle was a little oily. The mains arrived, and we were impressed by the portion sizes, which represented very good value for money. The lamb tikka balti I had was excellent . The consistency of the sauce was superb, and the range of flavours divine. The lamb was sweet, tender and very tasty. My wife was very impressed with the chicken tikka sizzler. We will return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful food, the waiters are fab and experts at their trade. Keeping us plied with food and drink all evening. No waiting around, a first class service all round and we will be going again very shortly.

Whenever we've visited its been a fabulous experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Took my mum for a lunchtime meal. She just loved the attentive service and the food was absolutely excellent. Ghoan prawn curry for me that was full of spice and just perfect on the hotness scale! Love this place ... Go there when I visit my Mum in Yeovil. Go ... You will enjoy!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We ate at this restaurant without booking. The service is excellent - polite and very helpful.
The food was very good indeed. There is obvious pride taken in the preparation and presentation of the food. It really was delicious. The staff were attentive without being over-present - in fact we were complimented on taking time to eat the meal and savouring the food.
I would recommend anyone looking to eat delicious Indian food in Yeovil to visit this restaurant. It is slightly more expensive that one might wish to pay for 'an Indian' but it is certainly worth it!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The staff at the Signature Viceroy are very welcoming and polite. The table service is prompt. I've visited 3 times over the past 2 months and have had a different dish each time.The table staff are Indian and give inspiration and recommendations on what to eat. Authentic Indian curry is my favourite food and I've eaten at numerous curry restaurants and I know a good curry when I eat one. The food here is absolutely delicious, flavoursome and nicely presented. If you get the chance give this restaurant a go.