“Perfect birthday celebration”

Yeovil Court Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had booked the events room for my hubby's birthday (a special one!). We are locals so didn't stay at the hotel.

The staff could not have been more helpful from my initial enquiries through to menu choices.
The room was laid out just as asked and the staff were happy for us to add some personal touches.

It was one of the hottest days of the summer so far but fans came out to keep everyone comfy.

Waiting staff were charming.

The food was even better than the menu had promised. Generous potions with every item cooked to perfection . Crunchy veg, crispy potatoes, fluffy yorkshires, pasta al dente. Meat and fish succulent and tasty.

Desserts excellent and wine reasonably priced and good quality.

Can highly recommend for a group event; we were a fairly small group (23) which gave us room for the younger children to have space to stretch their legs when they had eaten.

A big thank you to the staff for making the afternoon so enjoyable.

We will definitely use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank holidayqueenSomerset

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our stay was only one night, and we were lucky to turn up without reservation to find they had a cancellation. Room (8) had basic bland decor (no pictures on walls), but clean and well equipped; Plenty of power sockets for laptop, phone charger etc, Digital TV, WiFi, iron, hair dryer, kettle, en-suite shower/bath toilet (with great shower), comfortable (if slightly small) bed. Some traffic noise, but not too bad - had a very good nights sleep. Food excellent, service even better. Made to feel welcome by staff who are friendly, smart, professional and eager to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Extra towel, fresh milk for in-room coffee, tray of toast & marmalade, no problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LenzKappov
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I needed a base to stay for myself and staff for 2 nights whilst working in Dorset. Just over the border in somerset, this hotel was a great find. Initially tried to book premier inn but as they wanted £800 for 2 nights for 3 rooms I decided to keep looking! From the initial call to book the rooms - which was very last minute - to the entire stay, the staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and even though I had to check in later than my staff they were great and straight away offered me a much needed drink! The rooms were clean, smart and tidy with kettle, tea and a bottle of water. Had no niggles at all really with the stay. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was very good, breakfast was a triumph with a brilliant spread, good coffee and a lovely full English! Should I ever need to return to this part of the world I shall certainly consider them and I recommend them highly if you are looking for somewhere to stay in this area

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Maud73
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recently stayed here with a group of old friends, rooms were comfortable and very clean. Staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Great breakfast, and also stayed for dinner, food was devine. Definitely recommend a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rambohu
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stopped while passing through Yeovil for a meal and it was great. Lovely friendly welcome, bright cheerful restaurant and the service was absolutely first class. And the food was just as good - wide choice, interesting dishes and well presented. We will stop here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A one night stopover for a local wedding went well on several levels except the bedroom. We were warned when booking that we had the last double which was small. No issues on size of room & en-suite very clean. Our problem after an early morning return for sleep was that the bed was uncomfortable for both of us and that was topped off by lots of machine noise at 07.30am which woke us up. Would appear that this could have come from the kitchen below. No window to open on a small velum high in ceiling. That said the breakfast was very good, my scrambled egg & salmon was one of the best I had ever had. Portion of salmon was very generous. Good service from the staff in the bar with drinks and arranging taxis for us. Guess this review would be more generous if the bed & room location were different.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Barry1950
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It's in a really convenient location with ample parking. I wasn't able to fit in with the dinner times due to an evening meeting so they prepared a salad for me to pick up when I got back to the hotel. The room was spacious with ample space to work. The bed was ginormous. Had the best night's sleep for a long time - so much so I overslept! The room (which was located in the annex) was clean and welcoming. I would certainly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The annex is quiet and peaceful.