Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil
Ranked #50 of 182 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Awful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My first visit to a Frankie and Benny's this evening for a family birthday meal, thought I would give them a chance after reading bad reviews on here, I ordered the Fish Chips and Peas, the Cod was a strange shape and I noticed that it was mainly batter and as I went to cut a piece it shattered into pieces which wouldn't stay on the fork it was that brittle, I picked up a piece with my fingers and went to eat a bit, it was so hard it hurt my teeth, I sent it straight back and refused to have another meal as I was put off. No peas were even put on the plate so they don't give you what is stated with the meal. for expensive prices you expect good quality food.
Very disappointed and wont be going there again

1 Thank Chubbz2014

Somerset, United Kingdom
“Pretty average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We took my nephew here with some friends for his birthday. The children's pizza was a big meal and was impressed. The other children's meals were pretty small. They got all the children's meals mixed up even though we wrote down exactly what they wanted. We sent them back and when my niece got hers back it still had beans underneath her children strips! Eventually sorted. The two adults went for the lighter choices but it was tasteless and was not worth the nearly nine pounds each we paid. Very small. They do have a extensive menu to choice from. The service was very good and the staff were very helpful. I probably would try it again with a different choice from the main meals.

Helston, United Kingdom
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went in on my own this visit, and despite not being overly hungry i managed to finish off a starter of chicken strips with a meatballs in spaghetti to follow. despite being on my own, i was made to feel very welcome by the manager & my server, and I didn't feel out of place like you can do in some restaurants when you're on your own. The food was really good, and the service friendly and efficient. I always enjoy the music at Frankie & Benny's and although it's not the cheapest restaurant around, I always find you get good value for money.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“F 'n' B Yeovil”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good for an evening meal and not too badly priced. We've had breakfast here a couple of times, to be honest it's not as good as the evening food.

Visited May 2014
uk
“Appalling service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We visited recently as a family for dinner.
Purchased an alcoholic drink from the bar. Barman not very professional and we then waited for food for about 45 minutes to an hour. It had been busy but was no longer. Not funny as it gets later with a child that is now hungry and sleepy.
Asked waiter for a second alcoholic drink for it to come to me and be told that this is your last as you are drunk and rude. Would you not have made that decision to refuse a drink previous to getting it?

I had the two drinks that evening I was definitely not drunk.

This was to be my third. I didn't drink it.

He refused to get the manager to sort it out.The manager when I approached him didn't have a clue how to handle the situation. I was wrongly accused and in front of other diners and my family.

Very unprofessional. It went from bad to really bad.

Visited a few years ago when it was bad but this was something else. Never ever visit again.
If you want insults, embarrassment and rubbish cold food you have waited an hour for then this is your place. This is 100 per cent true and accurate.

2 Thank relaxed12

Travellers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil? Share your experiences!