“Avoid Tuesdays if you don't like screaming kids!”

Bell Inn- Hungry Horse
Ranked #55 of 184 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bell is an attractive large Hungry Horse pub fully refurbished Winter 2013. On the fringe of town, one mile outside Yeovil town centre, the pub is in a quiet suburban area near the Business Park. Like all Hungry Horses we are renowned for serving value for money, delicious food from a main menu with a massive range of dishes to choose from. We have fantastic booth seating in the restaurant for more intimate or family dining. There is something here to suit all ages which, along with the pub's children's facilities, makes the Bell Inn ideal for families. We have a good locals following with customers turning up to have a quiet pint with friends or watch an exciting match on the big screen. Our other sports facilities include a pool table and Sky sports. The bar area is for adults only with a wide choice of drinks. If you are looking for a family friendly pub, a place to relax with a pint or sample a hearty meal, The Bell is just right for you
“Avoid Tuesdays if you don't like screaming kids!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was first time back at The Bell since the fir and they have done a decent job on creating a family friendly venue. I went in with some friends from uni on a Tuesday afternoon - big mistake! I don't mind kids but there were quite a few running around the place and being very noisy because kids eat for £1 with any main meal on Tuesday's meaning it was very popular with the mums!

I ordered the "Chicken New Yorker". I really wished I sent it back. The two chicken breasts were really dry and to me it tasted like it had been cooked in a microwave. The peas were overcooked so the only thing that was good in this dish was the chips and BBQ Sauce. I only ate it because I was starving and I hate making complaints because the staff on the day I went were excellent but very busy so I didn't want to bother them.
I shared a chocolate brownie ice cream sundae with a friend and that was delicious plus good value for money.

So for a drink, main meal and dessert my part of the bill was £15ish which is reasonable but like these types of pub chains, you get what you pay for.

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent family friendly pub offering wide choice of well priced meals and deals. Busy with families early evenings at weekend so best to wait until after 7.30 pm to avoid wait for table.

Visited May 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“If your not eating , prepare to wait for a drink.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Three of us popped in for a mid afternoon drink , 4/5/2014 , first time after the rebuild. We sat at a nice table outside on the raised decking , I went in to get drink's and was first met with food all over the floor , half eaten roll's ect , which was strange as it was not that busy , but at the bar there were two bar staff serving what looked like two large families ordering food and drink's. It was fair they were there before me but when others joined the food queue they were served also , I waited over ten minutes to be served and that was only after the food queue's had gone. Surely it would be a good idea to have a designated bar person.

• Visited May 2014
“Great food”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Came here on a Sunday lunchtime for lunch and was impressed by bith food and service. Clean tables, friendly staff, good food and quick service.
Good value for money.
Coyld have done with one more member of staff on the bar.

somerset
“I think i,ll be giving this a swerve for a while”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Before the fire I would never of dreamt of faulting the old hungry horse but there,s something not right with the service at the rebuilt pub ,food was ok but it was a fairly busy Thursday and it's free starter or sweet night ,I had a free starter after about 20 mins it came but it took at least another 1 hour and 10 mins for all main courses, by this time we all wished we got fish and chips takeaway and we would of been home long ago.

• Visited April 2014