“Disgusting!”

Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bell is an attractive large Hungry Horse pub fully refurbished Winter 2013. On the fringe of town, one mile outside Yeovil town centre, the pub is in a quiet suburban area near the Business Park. Like all Hungry Horses we are renowned for serving value for money, delicious food from a main menu with a massive range of dishes to choose from. We have fantastic booth seating in the restaurant for more intimate or family dining. There is something here to suit all ages which, along with the pub's children's facilities, makes the Bell Inn ideal for families. We have a good locals following with customers turning up to have a quiet pint with friends or watch an exciting match on the big screen. Our other sports facilities include a pool table and Sky sports. The bar area is for adults only with a wide choice of drinks. If you are looking for a family friendly pub, a place to relax with a pint or sample a hearty meal, The Bell is just right for you
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a 'quiet' Saturday early evening. My family found a table to look at the menu whilst I went to the bar to get some drinks. When I arrived at the bar there were 3 members of staff all serving and one person waiting. The person before me got served making me next in line. Despite being acknowledged by the barman he proceeded to ignore me and serve new people coming to the bar as did his colleagues. Me and another lady who should have been after me were passed up for being next 5 times despite saying excuse me and yes please!! After 21 minutes of waiting I'd had enough!! I've complained formally however the response time was shocking so I'd advise speaking to a manager there and then or better still avoid all together!! Will never be returning!!! Disgusting service!

1  Thank KellyMarie30

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was waiting almost 1 hour on food. I spoke to the manager and all I was told was that they were very busy. She then turned and walked away. 10 mins later our food arrived. There were 6 empty tables so this obviously was not the case.
The children's food was over cooked and cold. My chicken was pink in the centre and my husbands chicken was over cooked. There was no customer service and the manager was in the kitchen all night. I most definitely won't be going back anytime soon and I advise others not to either.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was first time back at The Bell since the fir and they have done a decent job on creating a family friendly venue. I went in with some friends from uni on a Tuesday afternoon - big mistake! I don't mind kids but there were quite a few running around the place and being very noisy because kids eat for £1 with any main meal on Tuesday's meaning it was very popular with the mums!

I ordered the "Chicken New Yorker". I really wished I sent it back. The two chicken breasts were really dry and to me it tasted like it had been cooked in a microwave. The peas were overcooked so the only thing that was good in this dish was the chips and BBQ Sauce. I only ate it because I was starving and I hate making complaints because the staff on the day I went were excellent but very busy so I didn't want to bother them.
I shared a chocolate brownie ice cream sundae with a friend and that was delicious plus good value for money.

So for a drink, main meal and dessert my part of the bill was £15ish which is reasonable but like these types of pub chains, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent family friendly pub offering wide choice of well priced meals and deals. Busy with families early evenings at weekend so best to wait until after 7.30 pm to avoid wait for table.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Three of us popped in for a mid afternoon drink , 4/5/2014 , first time after the rebuild. We sat at a nice table outside on the raised decking , I went in to get drink's and was first met with food all over the floor , half eaten roll's ect , which was strange as it was not that busy , but at the bar there were two bar staff serving what looked like two large families ordering food and drink's. It was fair they were there before me but when others joined the food queue they were served also , I waited over ten minutes to be served and that was only after the food queue's had gone. Surely it would be a good idea to have a designated bar person.