“It is what it is!!”

Ranked #63 of 183 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bell is an attractive large Hungry Horse pub fully refurbished Winter 2013. On the fringe of town, one mile outside Yeovil town centre, the pub is in a quiet suburban area near the Business Park. Like all Hungry Horses we are renowned for serving value for money, delicious food from a main menu with a massive range of dishes to choose from. We have fantastic booth seating in the restaurant for more intimate or family dining. There is something here to suit all ages which, along with the pub's children's facilities, makes the Bell Inn ideal for families. We have a good locals following with customers turning up to have a quiet pint with friends or watch an exciting match on the big screen. Our other sports facilities include a pool table and Sky sports. The bar area is for adults only with a wide choice of drinks. If you are looking for a family friendly pub, a place to relax with a pint or sample a hearty meal, The Bell is just right for you
Melbury Osmond
“It is what it is!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have just been for a meal with my partner and kids. The service was great, plenty for the kids to do. It was clean, good atmosphere and the food was relatively quick even though they were quite busy (especially in the garden). All in all a good experience with a well priced selection of lagers and ciders and good food for the money. Would recommend it and will visit again!

Yeovil
“Below par but what you'd expect from a chain pseudo pub.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Firstly 10 minutes to get a pint (in an empty bar), but I realise that is what happens when you have 1 barman and 3 waitresses standing by in an empty restaurant, just in case there's a rush on.
I should have realised all wouldn't be good when my starter hit the table before I'd even got back from the bar from ordering it (due to the inept chimpanzee attempting to provide me with a vat receipt).
Still, it was cheap and I feel honoured that they hadn't sold out of rare steaks (although the bread served with the starter could have been fresh and not kept in the freezer/yard/bin for the last 3 days).
Would I eat here again? Either that or I will chew my own arms off, but I'm an engineer and may need those, so under duress and during times of excessive hunger, I may pop in for a bag of crisps.

Milborne Port
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a 'quiet' Saturday early evening. My family found a table to look at the menu whilst I went to the bar to get some drinks. When I arrived at the bar there were 3 members of staff all serving and one person waiting. The person before me got served making me next in line. Despite being acknowledged by the barman he proceeded to ignore me and serve new people coming to the bar as did his colleagues. Me and another lady who should have been after me were passed up for being next 5 times despite saying excuse me and yes please!! After 21 minutes of waiting I'd had enough!! I've complained formally however the response time was shocking so I'd advise speaking to a manager there and then or better still avoid all together!! Will never be returning!!! Disgusting service!

1 Thank KellyMarie30
“Terrible”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was waiting almost 1 hour on food. I spoke to the manager and all I was told was that they were very busy. She then turned and walked away. 10 mins later our food arrived. There were 6 empty tables so this obviously was not the case.
The children's food was over cooked and cold. My chicken was pink in the centre and my husbands chicken was over cooked. There was no customer service and the manager was in the kitchen all night. I most definitely won't be going back anytime soon and I advise others not to either.

• Visited June 2014
“Avoid Tuesdays if you don't like screaming kids!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was first time back at The Bell since the fir and they have done a decent job on creating a family friendly venue. I went in with some friends from uni on a Tuesday afternoon - big mistake! I don't mind kids but there were quite a few running around the place and being very noisy because kids eat for £1 with any main meal on Tuesday's meaning it was very popular with the mums!

I ordered the "Chicken New Yorker". I really wished I sent it back. The two chicken breasts were really dry and to me it tasted like it had been cooked in a microwave. The peas were overcooked so the only thing that was good in this dish was the chips and BBQ Sauce. I only ate it because I was starving and I hate making complaints because the staff on the day I went were excellent but very busy so I didn't want to bother them.
I shared a chocolate brownie ice cream sundae with a friend and that was delicious plus good value for money.

So for a drink, main meal and dessert my part of the bill was £15ish which is reasonable but like these types of pub chains, you get what you pay for.

• Visited May 2014