“Sun filled charming flat overlooking the sea . . .”
other travellers have booked this property
Indulge yourself with breakfast in bed
Seaview from the master bedroom and sitting room windows Private gardens for use of residents
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Indulge yourself with breakfast in bed
Seaview from the master bedroom and sitting room windows
Private gardens for use of residents
Sitting room with sea views
Feather sofa and antique French mirror
Sofabed
Antique and modern pieces
Dining area
Quirky vintage pieces
Romantic touches
Master bedroom with stunning view and stunning kingsize antique bed
Fluffy bathrobes
Wonderful antique bed
Breakfast in bed with unforgettable view
Kitchen
Iconic historic building on Worthing seafront
Treats on the beach
Floor plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Robert H
Toronto, Canada
“Sun filled charming flat overlooking the sea . . .”
Reviewed 16 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

As our first post-retirement trip, I wanted to treat my wife to an extended stay to her home town in Worthing (after 46 years of suffering through Canadian winters). What an amazing stay it was as we rented La vie en Rose in historic Heene Terrace on the waterfront.

The charming flat was drenched with sunlight from its large windows overlooking the sea. The constant action on the seafront was fascinating from the early morning swimmers in the chilly water to children enjoying the beach with their family.

The tasteful decorating had a French charm that was eclectic and comfortable. The ample sized sitting room allowed us to have family and friends visit without feeling crammed. The high Victorian ceilings gave the flat spaciousness.

The interaction with Philippa, the owner of the flat, was both professional and accommodating. She provided helpful information and ensured that there were tea and cookies on hand when we arrived after the lengthy trip from Canada.

The location is very practical for a UK visit without a car. (I am too terrified by the traffic roundabouts to consider renting a car.) Town Centre, with its Marks & Spencer food hall, was a 10-minute walk along the front. The train station a similar short walk. We bought a bus pass for trips to Brighton, Chichester, Arundel, and the many family visits.

We are certainly planning a return visit to La vie en Rose for next year and many more years to come. It was a great kickstart to our retirement.

21 May 2018
Thank you so much Bob and Heather for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed La vie en Rose and very much look forward to your return visit next year- and for the years to come- please consider La vie en Rose your home from home. :-) Best wishes Philippa
Lucy E
Brighton, United Kingdom
“lovely apartment ”
Reviewed 6 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

we stayed at the flat for a week back in July. it's a beautiful apartment with wonderful views overlooking the sea. the only thing we struggled with was the fact the bed weren't very comfortable in either room but I think other people would be fine with it. depends on your preference. we also moved furniture in the lounge as worried about our 2 year old near the windows but once we adapted it it was fine. Philippa is a lovely host and very accommodating. very beautiful apartment.

21 May 2018
I am very sorry to hear that you found the beds uncomfortable. The twin beds are memory foam mattresses so should have been fine, However, on investigation it appears that I had the base to the master bed was actually upside down and hence not offering the support required. It is, however, all resolved now.
Suzanne M
“Perfect”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I love Worthing! Have visited many times and stayed with family but often admired this building as I walked along the promenade across the way and wondered what it would be like to sit and admire the view from it. We were a party of 3 adults and 3 kids and we all loved the apartment, it felt very luxurious. Communication with Phillipa was excellent and she gave us great practical information.
There was a CO OP around the corner, about a 7 min walk away that we found perfect for our needs.
My kids are pre teens so I would probably go on my own next time as they need to own room, staying on the sofa bed is not always convenient for everyone so next time I would book it for just 4 but if you have younger kids, it's definitely suitable for 6.

I would love to stay in this apartment again and have no hesitation in recommending.

21 May 2018
Thank you so much for your lovely review of La vie en Rose. I agree- I love Worthing too! and hope you are able to return for a visit soon :-)
Reviewed 30 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Your age range 50-64
31 May 2017
Oh wow...I've actually got tears! Thank you Lynn, I really, really appreciate your kind words and am so happy that you enjoyed my lovely flat. Please do come back again and again! Huge thanks :-)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

27 Apr 2017
It's a great Chinese isn't it! I am so glad you all enjoyed my lovely apartment in Worthing and really appreciate your feedback on my instructions too. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I hope to welcome you all back again in the future. :-)
Reviewed 20 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

20 Feb 2017
Thank you so much ! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and very much hope that you can return soon. Best wishes, Pip
Blondie21...
“Book a stay here, you will love it.”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The best rental in Worthing. Loved the owner ( Philippa ). Beautiful views and a top quality apartment. Gerry

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
3 Oct 2016
Thank you so much!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing