“Gluten free heaven”

Ranked #8 of 370 Restaurants in Worthing
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I love the Fish Factory, since being diagnosed as a coeliac eating out has sometimes become a chore rather than a pleasure. Not all restaurants understand the importance of there being NO wheat or gluten in my food and I have often encountered the attitude of 'well we'll do our best but it isn't our fault you are odd!!!' Not the Fish Factory, they have an entire gluten free menu with THE most delicious options, including a batter for their fish. The cheesecake only comes in a gluten free version and is truly one of the most gorgeous desserts I have eaten. The tiniest issue is the gluten free rolls but I don't think this is their fault as I have yet to find one anywhere that tastes good!!!

2  Thank Nicki L

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited with my aunt and wife. My wife and I had grilled haddock with mashed potatoes which was delicious. However my aunt's scampi was served with thick chips that were rather leathery in texture. I assume the chips were twice cooked? In which case I know it can be challenging to get the exterior cooked just right when they are quite thick.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decided to go back for another try at this restaurant, after previously walking out after waiting for an hour for a meal, which still hadn't arrived.

Well, what a change! Staff couldn't have been more attentive, from pouring our wine to checking if meal was ok. Meal arrived in reasonable time, lovely food, cooked to perfection. I had the grilled huss which was tender and moist, lovely! My partner had battered haddock, which he said was lovely.

Shall put The Fish Factory back on our list of favourite dinner options!

1  Thank Paula A
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I wasn't much of a fish fan until recent years. I went into the Fish Factory as I was told their food was to die for and it wasn't a lie. I'll admit, I plunged for the simple option of the battered cod with chips while my mum had the fish cakes that I had been considering.

The food came out steaming hot with simple presentation. Despite being deep fried, the food did not have a trace of oil remaining on it. The batter was melt in the mouth good and the fish just fell away in flakes.

The service was impeccable as well. We were attended to quickly and politely without being hovered over by eager staff. It was a divine visit and intend to return with the rest of my family soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have walked past this place and decided not to go in on previous trips. We went in this time and had the best ever lemon sole. service very slick and pleasant.